Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

There is no gurantee players will gel right away, our defence is still abysmal, we have no central midfiled to speak of and we lack any creativity at all. We still need a massive overhaul and I don't think we will get all the signings we need in time

We still wouldn't be relegated. 6 new signings all starters. Still going to sign 2/3 more players. Even if we can't get permanents in we get to use the loan window which for us will be good being able to get PL cast offs. We'll be a big draw in this respect. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

I said we turned the screw on this deal last week, it's still dragging much to the annoyance to us but the ball is completely in Lazio court, if they nod it's done.

He clearly wants to be here though. You don't need to be ITK to work that out, so the fact that Lazio seemingly want to keep him makes me want him even more!

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm still sceptical on Morrison. Don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of talent and everything but right now we've got such a big problem with players with poisonous attitudes.

Yes totally agree last thing we need is another bad apple!

Next thing we need is creativity. Jack still isn't showing he can be the man, Traore has gone missing and other than that we have players who haven't shown much or are too young. When the ball gets beyond the midfield it sticks.. we need players who can make things happen.

• Like 1

I think that so far we have shown to be more ruthless when it comes to players and not standing for any crap.

if RDM etc feel they can handle Ravel and he really wants to come it could be a massive signing. Add Jedinak to the mix and we could be a real force. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

mm if dont get Abel Hernandez and need a maverick striker maybe a cheeky Bendtner bid :P

Why ? He's done nothing. A product of hype because he was part of a squad that played good football. When he was given chances he wasn't up to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Why ? He's done nothing. A product of hype because he was part of a squad that played good football. When he was given chances he wasn't up to it.

wouldnt be my 1st choice but he always reminds me of Carew in a way. bit of a maverick who likes the good life

granted Bentdner a bigger dick than Carew but I think he is a player that needs to be loved and be the main striker

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think the symbol at the end was a clue!!!!

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

wouldnt be my 1st choice but he always reminds me of Carew in a way. bit of a maverick who likes the good life

granted Bentdner a bigger dick than Carew but I think he is a player that needs to be loved and be the main striker

Except Carew actually did things. Scored goals and things. He's nowhere near as good as Carew. 

1 hour ago, villa_southerner said:

I said we turned the screw on this deal last week, it's still dragging much to the annoyance to us but the ball is completely in Lazio court, if they nod it's done.

I want this one more than any other link to a player 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

mm if dont get Abel Hernandez and need a maverick striker maybe a cheeky Bendtner bid :P

I wonder if Traore is our Maverick / Enigma player. Bring him on in a forward position and say "go get em son". 

Hopefully a solid CF like Hernandez, Bamford or such. Shame we didn't make Defoe happen. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I'm still sceptical on Morrison. Don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of talent and everything but right now we've got such a big problem with players with poisonous attitudes.

@DCJonah here be a sceptic for you. Go get him!