Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Gueye is the most over rated player we have ever had, people seem to go more by stats rather than what they see with their own eyes. Every game he would be excellent for 20 mins then disappear for the rest.

Worst player we've ever had? I've told you a million times not to exaggerate...

On second read I may have completely misread what you said...my bad!

Edited by daggy_333
I'm a dumb ****.
  • Like 1

The whole team went bad not only Gueye or Veretout. But atleast you could see some quality from those.

These two and Tshibola could turn out to a good combination. Although we need to use 442 sometimes down there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Worst player we've ever had? I've told you a million times not to exaggerate...

On second read I may have completely misread what you said...my bad!

ha ha, i'm not saying he's terrible, he certainly has some merits as proven, I think at best he's just above average. In a better team with better players he could prove to be a decent player, but you could say that of any player... well except Lescott.

Edited by VillanousOne

24 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Gueye is the most over rated player we have ever had, people seem to go more by stats rather than what they see with their own eyes. Every game he would be excellent for 20 mins then disappear for the rest.

The most overrated player we have ever had!! :crylaugh:

I go by what I see in games, thanks. He's got talent, didn't have a great season and yet was still able to contribute more than anyone else in a combative midfield role. His excellent 20 mins were more than any other player had. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The most overrated player we have ever had!! :crylaugh:

I go by what I see in games, thanks. He's got talent, didn't have a great season and yet was still able to contribute more than anyone else in a combative midfield role. His excellent 20 mins were more than any other player had. 

yeah what i was saying was tongue in cheek, hence welcoming the comments that followed

but my opinion being just as valid as yours, is that terms such as 'contribute more' and 'combative midfield role' don't apply to Gueye. But it's fine, mock away.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

said many times before both watching him play and the opinion on here he reminds me so much of reo coker

That really is insulting

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

said many times before both watching him play and the opinion on here he reminds me so much of reo coker

Can't really agree, to me Reo Coker was a pretty good athlete with very, VERY limited footballing ability but happened to make it, Gueye seems like someone smack bang in the middle, a tiny bit better than how some of you describe an Asley Westood etc. Decent Jack of all trades with no outstanding feature, I wish I could pull out the playstation statistical graphs now. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

If I was asked for a player of the season last season, I'd have refused to answer most likely.

But if I had a gun to my head and absolutely had to choose one, it would probably be Gana.

• Like 1

Spine of the team to be completed within 2 weeks according to Tony. Weibo helping out:

Hopefully we shall complete the strengthened spine in two weeks! Creative midder and powerful strikers with bullets loaded. P.S just get the lastest number exceeding18K for the season tickets ! with 5K more to go, will surpss last season. I hope more Villans back enjoying the game again!

Creative midfielder and strikers? Maybe a typo but I like the sound of more than 1 striker :D

• Like 4

That's good, nice to know that he's on board with needing a creative 'midder' and at least a striker. 

Plus he spelled Villans the right way, so that's a great start.

I'd love to see some names soon... But you can't rush these things. A couple of weeks sounds very promising though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'm just worried about the amount of red cards we may see having our strikers with loaded guns.  I get the need for aggression, but...

Don't worry, I'm sure Tone will buy them all top of the range silencers. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2016 at 18:03, useless said:

Sorry useless didn't mean to quote you.  Can't get rid of it on my phone. 

But,  do we need a creative midfielder?  Said as much in another thread.  Unless Gil goes which I wouldn't be against really?  Been disappointed with him and think he can be replaced,  I do not wish for us to replace Jack though,  he could have a very big season for us. 

As for strikers,  being after 2 is a positive.  Though,  surely we could probably sell 2 too? Gabby and Kozak could easily be sold and we'd barely notice.  

I'd also like us to sign another centre midfielder.  Relying on an injury prone 21 year old to be a big part in a new spine is a bit risky imo,  an experienced head in midfield of similar stature to Elphick would be most welcome.  

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But,  do we need a creative midfielder?  Said as much in another thread.  Unless Gil goes which I wouldn't be against really?  Been disappointed with him and think he can be replaced,  I do not wish for us to replace Jack though,  he could have a very big season for us. 

As for strikers,  being after 2 is a positive.  Though,  surely we could probably sell 2 too? Gabby and Kozak could easily be sold and we'd barely notice.  

I'd also like us to sign another centre midfielder.  Relying on an injury prone 21 year old to be a big part in a new spine is a bit risky imo,  an experienced head in midfield of similar stature to Elphick would be most welcome.  

If I recall, Gil has been pretty set on leaving since at least January. I think I read somewhere that his agent was touting him out then anyway but didn't get out. Unless RDM has convinced him to stay then he is likely one out of the door.

It also depends on how RDM wants to play. If he is going 4-4-2 Gil and Grealish would likely go on the wings rather than the centre and with Westwood likely to go that really only leaves Vertout in that position.

if he goes for the favoured (at the moment) 4-2-3-1 Gil and Grealish will be in the at 3 and the creative midfielder could play further back alongside  Tshibola or alongside both Grealish/Gil in that 3. I do agree with you that a seasoned pro with a level head would be ideal in the midfield.

And yeah 2 strikers would be very handy! Ayew may go leaving Gestede as our likely only choice striker which would be bad...! Kozak's attitude was never his problem, when he did play last season he was giving 110%. However his fitness was horrific; he was clearly lacking after the lengthy spell on the side with injuries. If his fitness has got better (and given he played in the training match along with the Sheikh of Fitness then maybe) I reckon he will be more likely to be part of the squad next season. Wouldn't have a problem with him staying, but not got the confidence at the moment for him to be 1st or 2nd choice

1st striker, 2nd striker, Gestede, Ayew, Kozak + the others to me suggests he is likely to play 2 up front and he is getting rid of the other strikers (and maybe Ayew as well) but 2 in clearly says some will be moved on thankfully!

• Like 1