Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Maybe we should look at Sergio Leon from Elche? He was the top scorer in the Segundo Division last season with 23 from 41 appearances. He has one year left on his contract, and apparently Elche are skint.

• Like 1

Sounds like impressive stats. The only thing in my mind is how strong is the Spanish second tier of football, I don't really watch it so I've no idea? Both Sanchez and Gil came from Elche, although Gil was loaned there from Valencia. I don't think Leon's playing time overlapped with either though. 

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Sounds like impressive stats. The only thing in my mind is how strong is the Spanish second tier of football, I don't really watch it so I've no idea? Both Sanchez and Gil came from Elche, although Gil was loaned there from Valencia. I don't think Leon's playing time overlapped with either though. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ax9-bZwESi0

Sergio Leon's goals from last season. Some penalties, and some "right place, right time" goals and questionable goalkeeping, but some brilliant ones too. He has pace and excellent footwork. He is worth at least a look.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Has a beard too!!

Leone.jpg

Always liked his movies...

Despite being dead for over 20 years, we would probably get more movement out of him than Gestede.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ said:

Maybe we should look at Sergio Leon from Elche? He was the top scorer in the Segundo Division last season with 23 from 41 appearances. He has one year left on his contract, and apparently Elche are skint.

YES.

I signed him on my Villa Football Manager save. Single-handedly lead us up the table. He also has nice hair.

I doubt he'd come to us in the Championship but Berahino would be perfect. It looks like only Stoke are after him and I can't see him staying at Albion. Surely moving from WBA to Stoke is like for like so if WBA accept £16m I'd match it and let RDM set out Xia's plan. Give him guarantees if we don't go up he can go for a set fee but if we do his wages go up significantly and you never know. Stoke are at their glass ceiling we will be back above them in next to no time. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Berahino! Our delusion has reached a whole new level. 

Did you actually read the post?? I started off by saying I doubt it so not delusional what so ever.  It's a speculation thread so speculate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meme said:

how did they see through my disguise?

You fooled me. You actually signed someone.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

If it's true that the club aren't interested in Bramford and McCormack.

Let's see what the do, they have said we need a striker. They have done ok so far in the goalie and elphick so let's see what they do. Just because it's names we may want or in the press at the moment, they may have other names we might be happy with. Plus let's let RDM pick his own team and give him the benefit of the doubt 

How about trying for Borussia Dortmund's 27-year-old centre-back Nevin Subotic who's available for £4m.

Add in Brentford's forward Scott Hogan and free agent, secondary striker, attacking midfielder and either right or left winger Nick Powell.

I hadn't quite finished my sentence. I was going to add that, then they must have someone better lined-up, I think we'll end up signing a striker who will be seen as a coup, for a Championship club. Probably not Berahino, but someone with a good reputation.

Edited by useless