Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he has little ability? I think he's great positionally, can tackle well, is decent in the air, I think he'd be a great signing

Looking at it like that he will be our best player!

• Like 1

think he be a decent signing, he looked good before he went Spurs all them years ago and is talent inside him. for 1million I dont think it be a bad deal and probably an upgrade on Hutton, Bacuna and Richards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

think he be a decent signing, he looked good before he went Spurs all them years ago and is talent inside him. for 1million I dont think it be a bad deal and probably an upgrade on Hutton, Bacuna and Richards

Agreed Zatman :)

You’d think that if our owner wanted to make us the biggest club in the world in ten years, bigger than Real Madrid, bigger than Barcelona etc. we’d be signing a few players this window.

We’re not even being linked to anyone. Slightly worrying.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

All he needs to do is stand in the right place on the football pitch to be an upgrade on those three, so for £1m count me in.

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he has little ability? I think he's great positionally, can tackle well, is decent in the air, I think he'd be a great signing

He's not really any of those things - that's why; certainly not "great" in any of those attributes in any case.

He's basically a younger Alan Hutton with better crossing/passing ability.  Good going forward, pretty suspect defensively and often caught out.  He'll work all game long, though.

As I say, decent option for £1m but I would rather see us purchase a more solid first team right back.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's not really any of those things - that's why; certainly not "great" in any of those attributes in any case.

He's basically a younger Alan Hutton with better crossing/passing ability.  Good going forward, pretty suspect defensively and often caught out.  He'll work all game long, though.

As I say, decent option for £1m but I would rather see us purchase a more solid first team right back.

Fair enough, who would you suggest at right back then? I think we'll struggle to attract a better right back than Chris Gunter in our current situation

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Fair enough, who would you suggest at right back then? I think we'll struggle to attract a better right back than Chris Gunter in our current situation

I haven't really thought about it.  How has Kieran Trippier done at Spurs?  He'd be the "sort" of right back I'd look to buy.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2016 at 08:33, sexbelowsound said:

We are a Championship club. Accept it.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I haven't really thought about it.  How has Kieran Trippier done at Spurs?  He'd be the "sort" of right back I'd look to buy.

Really impressed me last season when he came into the side. I don't think Spurs would be short of offers from PL clubs about a cheeky loan bid.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think RDM is still assessing the squad? i hope we are not waiting for some to leave first as cant see many players being wanted by other clubs

I think players will have to leave if we are to bring 4 or 5 more in. RDM has stated the squad is too big. We also don’t have a clue if Xia would be willing to have a number of players not in the 25 man squad or if he is willing to pay players off.

I don’t think there is any quick fix here which is why I would be pleasantly surprised if we are in a position to achieve promotion this season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

think we need at least 1 player in before the 1st pre-season game and ideally 4 before Sheffield Wednesday which is just over a month away

my fear of starting season with last season rocket polishers isnt going away very soon and I still expect at least 3 of pricks to start opening game

• Like 1

Would take Gunter no problem.

Good attitude, surely that's one criteria for new signings we desperately need.

He's not that bad a player either. That cross for the Vokes goal was fantastic.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’d think that if our owner wanted to make us the biggest club in the world in ten years, bigger than Real Madrid, bigger than Barcelona etc. we’d be signing a few players this window.

We’re not even being linked to anyone. Slightly worrying.

Is it? Or is it just the reality of the transfer window, the same it is every yr.

Of course we have deals in place, of course things are going on. Does the press or any of us know whats going on? No not really.

Is our new management team and new owner sitting around watching eastenders? Maybe occasionally but of course they're preparing, getting ready and making plans.

We all know there's a bucket load of problems to sort out. Let it happen. There's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1