Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. 

Thankfully we haven't got the people doing things we've always done, so keep the faith, I'm sure RDM has the backing and knows what and who he needs to bring in. 

Never seen him play but it was Clarke who brought him into the first team at Reading. I've seen a few references to him having steal and being tough tackling. Was apparently very impressive on loan at Hartlepool, when he joined they looked certain for relegation, and played a big part in helping them stay up.

Aston Villa make £5million bid for Reading midfielder

Date published: Monday 4th July 2016 12:49

Aaron Thshibola: Midfielder has caught the eye at Reading

Aston Villa have made a £5million bid for sought-after Reading midfielder Aaron Tshibola, sources have told TEAMtalk.com.

Tshibola made his breakthrough for the Royals last season and his performances have caught the eye of the likes of Crystal Palace, Norwich and Celtic.

Norwich are understood to have made a £2million move the 21-year-old last month, but Villa are now favourites to land the England youth international, who was previously on trial at Manchester United.

However, new Reading boss Jaap Stam is loathe to lose Tshibola, and expressed his desire to keep the youngster last week.

“His future is here with us, I don’t want him to leave and I have spoken to the club. He’s a young player with so much quality. He needs to stay at Reading,” he said

“He’s the kind of player we want to keep at the club, you don’t want to sell them. Maybe clubs would be tempted if a certain offer came in but I’ve spoken to the owners and told them I don’t want to sell and that he needs to stay.

“Of course, it’s up to Aaron as well, but you know how football works. There are a lot of agents involved and everybody is looking after their own interests.

“A lot of rumours come from that but for me he is going nowhere, he is staying at the club.”

How good is he?

If we want to get promoted next season we actually need to sign some players capable of that task. So I'd say that's more important than getting rid of anyone who Di Matteo doesn't want. Unless of course Xia has said that we have to sell before we can buy.

Players going out i would expect to be the last thing to happen this window. Given their performances, it's unlikely we'll get many bids for them, and we're not going to buy out any contracts until RDM is happy he has the cover he needs in those positions.

Regarding players coming in, it probably takes 4-6 weeks to negotiate most transfers end to end. Since most non-international players have only been back in training for a week or two, now is not the time to start panicking. Chill out and see where we are in a couple of weeks.

A little underwhelmed so far, thought we would have done more business by now. Still much time so I am not concerned yet. Get the feeling that there will be a lot of changes either way

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, £1m is a bargain for an international full back who has premier league experience, I've always rated him albeit from a distance 

We got an international right back already. If Scotland was i Euro2016 Hutton would have played. I dont think Gunter is better