Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Gestede had a poor record at literally every club (including Cardiff in the Championship) other than Blackburn, who represent an anomaly in his career. That's likely down to them being the only team to set up in a sufficiently primitive manner to utilise the few strengths he does possess. So we'd have to attempt similar, to the detriment of everything else and in any case, you simply don't base your entire system on accomodating a clogger like him. If he sticks around, he can be a Plan B battering ram, nothing more.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 3

sometimes ayew played out wide in a front 3, i remember at some stage him playing wide in a midfield 4. as a striker gestede should be scoring more.

ayew adds more to the team then goals, he can create oppurtunities and having a good striker with him who has good control and vision and is more mobile then as a pair they should hit double figures each. ( just a thought, a front 3 of :  ayew benteke traore) 

ive wanted gestede to get there but he hasnt. handy back up alright

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wasn't trying to suggest Gestede is better than Ayew or that he is a better player than people think, the point I was trying to make was more to do with Dwight Gayle.

Personally, I think we'd have seen more from Gestede if we actually played to his strengths. 

What we've done instead would be akin to lumping crosses in at Jamie Vardy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I think we'd have seen more from Gestede if we actually played to his strengths. 

What we've done instead would be akin to lumping crosses in at Jamie Vardy.

Our crossing was dire last season and we did not set ourselves up delivering to Gestede.

It's interesting seeing how Pelle linked with Eder this tournament. I would say that's how Gestede should play with Ayew but he doesn't seem mobile enough and Ayew was never really close enough to him. 

Maybe a more all round forward is needed: strong but more mobile, decent touch etc. 

46 minutes ago, Isa said:

Gestede had a poor record at literally every club (including Cardiff in the Championship) other than Blackburn, who represent an anomaly in his career. That's likely down to them being the only team to set up in a sufficiently primitive manner to utilise the few strengths he does possess. So we'd have to attempt similar, to the detriment of everything else and in any case, you simply don't base your entire system on accomodating a clogger like him. If he sticks around, he can be a Plan B battering ram, nothing more.

Whilst i agree in the main. We have to play whatever way makes us win next season. Even if that includes playing like Sam Allardyces Blackburn of a few years ago. 

Are you hinting there could be something in the Ravel Morrison rumour Trent? I hope so!

He's one of those players that you hate unless he's at your club. I certainly think if he signs and plays regularly he has the potential and ability to gain us some valuable points. Whether or not he has the attitude is a different question but Kevin Bond has worked with him before so will hopefully be in a position to judge whether or not he would be suitable.

5 minutes ago, AndJo said:

Would anybody take Jordan Mutch? He is still young at 24, and scored a fair few crackers for Cardiff when they were in the Premier League.

I'd take him here, but would Palace let him go?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Whilst i agree in the main. We have to play whatever way makes us win next season. Even if that includes playing like Sam Allardyces Blackburn of a few years ago. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I meant 'primitive' irrespective of whether the style is offensive or defensive, possession or non-possession etc. I don't think even Pulis would build around this guy.

8 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I have an issue with Morrison coming in. He clearly has talent, but could cause havoc in the dressing room

Corrected. 

6 hours ago, AndJo said:

Are you hinting there could be something in the Ravel Morrison rumour Trent? I hope so!

He's one of those players that you hate unless he's at your club. I certainly think if he signs and plays regularly he has the potential and ability to gain us some valuable points. Whether or not he has the attitude is a different question but Kevin Bond has worked with him before so will hopefully be in a position to judge whether or not he would be suitable.

if Ravel Morrison signs for this club I will cry. The last thing we need is yet another monumental dickhead in the dressing room. Why would a club with such a surfeit of rocket polishers even consider him?

• Like 1

Marco Amelia released by Chelsea.

He's 34, but he's also Italian and a goalkeeper. Could he be one of the 2 keeper (potentially) coming in?

Edited by sne

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

gunter has a 1m release clause in his contract why the hell are we not bidding for him?!!

I was looking at their forum yesterday. They seem to believe we are looking at a number of their players.

Gunter is a very decent Championship full back. No brainer for me.

• Like 1