Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

20 minutes ago, Folski said:

Only played 12 games in the league last year was he injured?

Amavi only played 10 games in the league and was injured, but showed enough quality.  Clark knows him better than all of us and I trust he knows what he's doing. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

One thing that is a little concerning is that Elphick was apparently recommended by Bond. The goalkeepers are apparently recommended by the new GK coach. I can only assume Tshibola will be recommended by Clarke .......... so who is it RDM wants to sign? What's his take on what we need? 

He wanted Drogba, Luiz and Torres.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Amavi only played 10 games in the league and was injured, but showed enough quality.  Clark knows him better than all of us and I think he knows what he's doing. 

Ya Amavi was injured this I know, I was asking was Tshibola injured.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One thing that is a little concerning is that Elphick was apparently recommended by Bond. The goalkeepers are apparently recommended by the new GK coach. I can only assume Tshibola will be recommended by Clarke .......... so who is it RDM wants to sign? What's his take on what we need? 

As long as it fits with the shape he wants to play, I've no problem RDM using the knowledge of those around him.  He should be identifying the type of player and the role they will fill in the squad overall (all the was missing with Tim) but can't be expected to know every player.  He no doubt has some targets, but is happy to take recommendations for positions he's less set on.  Perhaps some of these are filling the back up / less urgent spaces and that the arrival of the Technical Director will see a couple of bigger signings pushed through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I read he had a groin injury - don't know how bad or if anything else kept him out

Yeah, he was missed a big chunk by the looks.

Aaron Tshibola would have been player of the season if he hadn't got injured, all went tits up after that

@AlHabsiFumble also hope tshibola plays next season, was great until he got injured

@ATeeButler the most pivotal thing was Tshibola getting injured. Held midfield together, held up ball for Norwood at beginning of the season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why is it concerning?? Clarke worked with Tshibola so knows his qualities and as for a Goalkeeping coach recommending a goalkeeper surely that's exactly what you want! Someone who knows what it takes to be a keeper judging a keeper! RDM looks at the squad and judges where we need improvements. He'd be stupid not to ask his staff their opinion. Football is more than just ability it's also attitude that's why lots of managers take former players with them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Why is it concerning?? Clarke worked with Tshibola so knows his qualities and as for a Goalkeeping coach recommending a goalkeeper surely that's exactly what you want! Someone who knows what it takes to be a keeper judging a keeper! RDM looks at the squad and judges where we need improvements. He'd be stupid not to ask his staff their opinion. Football is more than just ability it's also attitude that's why lots of managers take former players with them. 

This.  I think this a massive positive that comes with having a well connected coaching team.  What better way to buy a player than to have already worked with him and seen him close up in training and in games. Hopefully we also get a few old RDM players! 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think players will have to leave if we are to bring 4 or 5 more in. RDM has stated the squad is too big. We also don’t have a clue if Xia would be willing to have a number of players not in the 25 man squad or if he is willing to pay players off.

I don’t think there is any quick fix here which is why I would be pleasantly surprised if we are in a position to achieve promotion this season.

Agree players have to leave, but 'when' is the question

.Well in seasons gone by there has been criticism for getting shot of players too early as "it means" other Clubs "know we are desparate for a centreback/full back/ striker" whatever.  So I have no issue with us getting rid of players at whatever time suits the Manager.  I would have an issue if some of them were still here by the close of the window however !

Likewise I have already seen people worried about the 'lack of action'.  Again, it would seem to make sense to me to be a bit patient and wait and see.  Pretty new Team in place for negotiations etc.  And the window hasn't been open long.  Also as I look araound there isn't much business done, and we all know the majority is done later.  The fact that one or two Clubs have bought a player or two means nothing - there could be many reasons why the odd player moves early.

Whilst I agree there is no quick fix, and am alarmed at how a significant number of fans think player/failure XYZ from last year will be 'good in the Championship' (no, a fair few probably wont), I don't think us being in a position to get promoted would be a surprise. We have done 2 of the 5 most important things, changed owner and got decent staff in.  The culture change will be hard, but should come along easier as we get some player turnover.  We have some decent players already, and some others who may benefit from the bad apples going.

I'm optimistic without thinking it is a cakewalk..........as we all know, the players to come will be the biggest factor, and we have guys who know the market.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It is a bit naive to the the TEAM of backroom staff and coached don't share information and pull on each others experiences and expertise, that is why they are there after all. RDM obviously has the final say, certain members of the backroom staff obviously will have more first hand knowledge in certain areas than the manager does! Its about the managers pulling it all together .

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think RDM is still assessing the squad? 

If he needs more than 20mins to realise that we need a goalkeeper, a right back, a center back, a midfielder, striker, and a winger, i would worry about his ability to manage a football club. :P

Just now, av1 said:

If he needs more than 20mins to realise that we need a whole new squad i would worry about his ability to manage a football club. :P

edited for realism

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wise man once said ' You dont learn anything with your mouth opened'.  I hope he is taking on board what his team have to say, sign of a good manager if you ask me.  End of the day he is the one who makes the final decision so its his signing.  

P.s id rather he take advice from his team than the group of scouts we apparently have 

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

£5m seems an awful lot of money for a 21 y.o with a total of 13 career Championship games to his name.

Never seen him play, but he's apparently pretty highly rated so he must have done something right in the few games he played.

Bit worrying thou, his FIFA 16 stats are awful :)

• Like 1