Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

I Miss Tekkers

Me too. He is the best striker we've had since Yorke and I think he has been poorly advised by his 'agent.' He was the only bright light in 5 years of complete shite being a Villa. Basically kept us up for 3 seasons and always capable of creating a goal out of absolutely nothing. I would love him back here (although it will never happen this season) and it sucks that he's going to play for a 2 bob club like Palace. I reckon he'll score 20 goals there this season.

• Like 3

On 18 June 2016 at 10:20, Ginko said:

I agree with your sentiment on the whole and I wasn't fussed when Davis left (though I'd be ecstatic if we got him now) but I was bothered when we released Albrighton. Not only was he a local lad and a diehard Villa fan but I thought he was brilliant at what he did, if a little one-dimensional, and he offered a different option to the team that no one else did. Imagine how many Gestede would have scored with Albrighton whipping them in.

It was inevitable that something like that would happen, due to the indecision and instability at the club.

I am hoping that we might recover some"minds" from the debacle of last season....due to new ownership and management.

I don't know what it was like at BMH but can only imagine the negativity and gloom was overbearing.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Anybody take van persie for a couple of years ?

Absolutely no way. Van Persie would have absolutely no hunger to play well in the Championship. No more final pay day contracts. Just like how Ashley Cole would have been an awful awful purchase

weve lost too many decent youth players over the years which would have been easy to keep, albrighton, whittingham, cahill, davis, gardner, just to name a few.

• Like 1

If he comes back to England, it will be with a Premier team.

Ed: According to wikipedia, he's scored twenty goals in 45 games for Fenerbahçe. So he must be doing something right.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

If he comes back to England, it will be with a Premier team.

Ed: According to wikipedia, he's scored twenty goals in 45 games for Fenerbahçe. So he must be doing something right.

Yeah playing in a shit league with essentially 2 1/2 semi-decent teams in it.

• Like 4

He actually said another goalkeeper 'in Italy' rather than specifically an Italian goalkeeper. Apparently there's going to be more in tomorrow's paper (not sure which one).