Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, meme said:

No wonder he isn't that good anymore, Benteke would have ****** him up.

If this is the reason Benteke wanted to leave then I wan't Bacuna gone even more now.

Bacuna has been one of our better players over the last three years, however his attitude stank last season. I can understand why people want to get rid, but I would love for him to turn it around and help us get promoted. I forgive him.

• Like 1

On 9 June 2016 at 00:03, HanoiVillan said:

It's why these threads are so tedious every window. 

Bring Barry back!

Bring Milner back!

Bring Young back!

Bring Benteke back!

Bring Delph back!

People on here desperately need to learn how to let go of the past and face reality, but instead we'll clog up 20 or 30 pages of thread with 'speculation' that even the simplest application of common sense would reveal was a waste of time. 

Whilst I agree with most of what you say here- I would challenge this on the subject of Barry. I think this could and should happen. I think he would welcome the opportunity to rejoin villa and would do an excellent job for us.

Not seen him mentioned, but apols if I've missed it, but would anyone have Gaston Ramirez? He did well on loan at Middlesborough last season (as far as I know although the didn't watch much of him) and I think he's out of contract this summer. Could be a good attacking option, no link just my own speculation.

Bacuna is gash. A nice free kick and an occasional great pass but that's about it. Someone with more consistency if a little less flair is needed. This is all ignoring the fact that his attitude is abysmal.

Get rid. I suspect he's one of the bad influences in the squad. Needs to go with Gabby, Rchards and Lescott in tow.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Hasn't Ramirez already  signed for Boro on a free? Thought I read that somewhere . They've also got Fischer from Ajax for £3.7mill very shrewd business. 

Scrap that after checking Google he hasn't and I'd still on a free but linked with Watford now 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

If there's premier league interest you'd have to assume we'd be towards the back of the queue, but if Dr X can open the purse a bit then maybe we could get him. He's not worth breaking the bank over, but has a lot of qualities we need, plus he's got Championship promotion experience.

Would love a striker who chases after everything and puts the defence under constant pressure (ala Long and Vardy). What about pushing the boat out for Jay Rodriguez, barely played for Southampton last year (yes I know he'd been injured). But a year back down the championship could resurrect his career.

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Maybe in the minority but it isn't wrong.

https://media.giphy.com/media/W7e5dfLapD7eE/giphy.gif

I think his vision and offensive ability is highlighted in that video alone. Not to mention the many times he hit Benteke with crosses which a lot of the time came out of nowhere and led to important goals. I've seen him power past players when dashing forward from midfield which is partly why I think he could make a good CM. He showed what he can do defensively against Crystal Palace when he shut Zaha out of the game and was our best player in one of the few matches we won last season. If he showed that kind of form regularly he would be playing for Man City. He needs to improve his consistency and a few other areas but there is a lot to work with. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would love a striker who chases after everything and puts the defence under constant pressure (ala Long and Vardy). What about pushing the boat out for Jay Rodriguez, barely played for Southampton last year (yes I know he'd been injured). But a year back down the championship could resurrect his career.

A competent striker would have made so much difference last year (a la Defoe for Sunderland) and hopefully according to RDM (or was it Wyness) or someone said we're aiming to bring in a new striker. It's desperately needed. 

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not a bad shout at all, I think he is attainable and also excellent 

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, solid defensively and offensively, our best free kick taker, our 2nd best cross. 

I'll be disappointed if he isn't starting at RB in the first game and want to see him tried again in CM next to Gana.

Is that you, Eric?

On 09/06/2016 at 00:03, HanoiVillan said:

It's why these threads are so tedious every window. 

Bring Barry back!

Bring Milner back!

Bring Young back!

Bring Benteke back!

Bring Delph back!

People on here desperately need to learn how to let go of the past and face reality, but instead we'll clog up 20 or 30 pages of thread with 'speculation' that even the simplest application of common sense would reveal was a waste of time. 

Bring Barry back!

Bring Milner back!

Bring Young back!

Bring Benteke back!

Bring Delph back!

Edited by meme