Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Why are some people concerned about getting work permits for players?

HELLO! we couldn't get work permits for players when we were part of the EU what's changed?

because the players we needed work permits for were from countries outside the eu.now they're all pesky foreign benefit scrounging dodgers.:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Chris Gunter (Reading and Welsh full back) and Kane Hemmings (Dundee) have been linked in a few online sources

gunter would be a good signing.

we'll sign bale next year when we get promoted :thumb:

Edited by krisagg75
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hemmings possibly! £250k buy out clause at Dundee.

Decent scoring record north of the border could do a Jason Scotland down here lol!!

run  out of likes but agree totally

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Chris Gunter (Reading and Welsh full back) and Kane Hemmings (Dundee) have been linked in a few online sources

I've always thought that Gunter was an excellent player, he's versatile and still relatively young, I'd take him here no doubt. I don't know anything about Hemmings on the other hand

Championship players for a championship team, makes sense. We aren't going to be buying players of a prem standard until we're back there, so we really should be looking to get the guys who have proven themselves to be assets at this level.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Championship players for a championship team, makes sense. We aren't going to be buying players of a prem standard until we're back there, so we really should be looking to get the guys who have proven themselves to be assets at this level.

A combination of proven championship players, as well as players with potential to grow with the club beyond championship level would be ideal. Dont want to fill up on 2nd tier players, then need another complete overhaul when/if we are promoted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imrebroce said:

A combination of proven championship players, as well as players with potential to grow with the club beyond championship level would be ideal. Dont want to fill up on 2nd tier players, then need another complete overhaul when/if we are promoted. 

Yeah for sure but it's likely that we'll be going for quite different sides in the championship and the prem IMO. A spine of good young players would be a great starting place. Depends what Xia's budget and plans are like I guess.

On ‎24‎.‎6‎.‎2016 at 00:01, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I think Hutton and Micah can do a job at Right Back in the championship.

Oi, why not Leandro?

Edit: Too late.

Edited by AVTuco

I wonder what copy & paste/insert Reading players name here we will be linked with next? Would be nice to be linked to some Schalke players. 

I agree with you Trent we should act like we are only visiting and buy players who will not only do a job this season but won't need replacing when hopefully we go up next season. We should be targeting the very best Championship players and young prospects like Wilson & Bamford. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

6 weeks to we kick-off - just saying!!

Great stuff, I feel like it's been so long because last season was so unenjoyable! 

I imagine (based on purely guesswork) that we'll have 4ish new players by then. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1