Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I trust we have done some early work on potential loan signings with a request for first dibs on those players who are likely to be made available by the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and the Manchester clubs. 

Leali is supposed to be Buffon's replacement. No way they let him go permanently. No chance of him even wanting to go to the championship with la liga and serie a clubs after him.

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really hope not. For me he is the epitome of how poor we have been recently. No discernible attributes

Vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, solid defensively and offensively, our best free kick taker, our 2nd best cross. 

I'll be disappointed if he isn't starting at RB in the first game and want to see him tried again in CM next to Gana.

Edited by Michael118

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, solid defensively and offensively, our best free kick taker, our 2nd best cross. 

I'll be disappointed if he isn't starting at RB in the first game and want to see him tried again in CM next to Gana.

I think your opinion is completely in the minority.

Vision is awful, never sees (or is he does, doesn't utilise it) anything. He's only in the mid bracket of speed merchants, but then is too lazy to use it. Power? Never him use any strength on a person and always pushed off the ball. Runs directly into opposition players. Awful defensively, easily pulled out of position, doesn't track runs loses marker. Offensively, consistently makes the wrong decision. When was the last time he put in a good cross or free kick.

Add to that he has a very arrogant but lazy attitude on the pitch.

I thought this was an attempt at sarcasm at first but it isn't is it?

You really meant this didn't you?

This sounds like something I'd expect his agent/hype man to come out with after his proposed Champions League move doesn't come off.

Even if all those listed things were true (something i disagree with) it wouldn't matter as his attitude and application is horrible.

Mmmm, maybe he should be playing in a champions league team......I mean with all that vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, defensive and offensive prowess.  He sounds too good to be playing in a team that conceded 76 goals.   Lets hope he never has to play in a villa shirt again - it really is what he deserves given his 'attributes' and 'performances'.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Have a feeling we might get to see one of those Joker/not sure if serious pictures before long...

When I said I hope Bacuna never plays in a villa shirt again I was deadly serious.  But the attributes and performances I had in mind were not his vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, defensive and offensive prowess ;)

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

When I said I hope Bacuna never plays in a villa shirt again I was deadly serious.  But the attributes and performances I had in mind were not his vision, pace, power, directness, versatility, defensive and offensive prowess ;)

Also hope he never plays for Villa again.

As for him having said attributes, not sure if...

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

A year ago I somewhat agreed with you but his attitude last year in some of the games has completely destroyed that. Effectively giving up on the pitch is not acceptable ever.

11 hours ago, KSV said:

Leali is supposed to be Buffon's replacement. No way they let him go permanently. No chance of him even wanting to go to the championship with la liga and serie a clubs after him.

They bought Neto last season so he's not likely to play, they also have branescu

there isn't a lot of news about, there's something linking him to 4 clubs including us and depor, something from his agent saying he's had enough of loans 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think your opinion is completely in the minority.

Vision is awful, never sees (or is he does, doesn't utilise it) anything. He's only in the mid bracket of speed merchants, but then is too lazy to use it. Power? Never him use any strength on a person and always pushed off the ball. Runs directly into opposition players. Awful defensively, easily pulled out of position, doesn't track runs loses marker. Offensively, consistently makes the wrong decision. When was the last time he put in a good cross or free kick.

Add to that he has a very arrogant but lazy attitude on the pitch.

Maybe in the minority but it isn't wrong.

https://media.giphy.com/media/W7e5dfLapD7eE/giphy.gif

I think his vision and offensive ability is highlighted in that video alone. Not to mention the many times he hit Benteke with crosses which a lot of the time came out of nowhere and led to important goals. I've seen him power past players when dashing forward from midfield which is partly why I think he could make a good CM. He showed what he can do defensively against Crystal Palace when he shut Zaha out of the game and was our best player in one of the few matches we won last season. If he showed that kind of form regularly he would be playing for Man City. He needs to improve his consistency and a few other areas but there is a lot to work with. 

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Not to mention the many times he hit Benteke

No wonder he isn't that good anymore, Benteke would have ****** him up.