Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

As said above, the inflation of the market has already reached the Championship. I'd be happy with Bamford and despite having a bit of a waste of a season, his level isn't set. 

3 hours ago, Isa said:

As said above, the inflation of the market has already reached the Championship. I'd be happy with Bamford and despite having a bit of a waste of a season, his level isn't set. 

Not a direct response to Isa, he just mentioned this ;) 

The Championship is the 6th richest football league in Europe, 9th richest football league in the World (though I guess the Chinese League will soon overtake here) and the 13th richest sports league in the World.

The reason clubs don't generally spend high amounts on players is due to squads behind rotated regularly so far more lower-dolla signings are made.  £10m isn't much for a good goalscorer though - and Bamford is exactly that.

As @useless pointed out yesterday, the sheer confidence of posters in their opinion saying they'd be gutted if we spent £10m on Bamford mirrors the posts made when we were linked to Jamie Vardy for £15m.

The lad has 43 goals in 97 games and is 22 years old. Of course Chelsea are going to ask around £10m.

Ross McCormack went for £11m two years ago and was 27 at the time. 

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

For £10m i think Dwight Gayle would be a better buy tbh.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you as I think Gayle would be great in the Championship, but Bamford has more games under his belt and far more goals at this level than Gayle. Why is Gayle worth £10m and not Bamford, and what makes Gayle a better option in your opinion? Genuine question as his goals tally is worse.

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

£10m is the going rate for a decent championship level striker though. Andre Gray, McCormick, and Rhodes were all around £10m.

Add to that list Benik Afobe who who cost Bournemouth £10 mill (albeit from championship to prem) but around the £10mill mark seems the going rate nowadays for a proven championship goal scorer as others have pointed out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 007√ said:

Has Watford signed Jerome Sinclair? He would be on a free and is a young hungry striker.

Yes pretty certain a pre-contract has been agreed with Watford. 

Edited by dubbs
Update

Why are people so hung up over the size of a fee for Bamford or any other player?  5m, 10m or 15m.  I don't really care how much we pay for players because it is not my money and I don't mean this in a nasty or flippant kind of way.  If it's Tony's money and he's not putting the club at risk then what's the issue?  If RDM wants Bamford or any other player then quite frankly the fee doesn't interest me, I'm more interested in whether those players can improve us. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3