Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Sign Gayle to play alongside Kozak with Sellars as back up. Sell Gestede and bring in 1 more striker. Keep Gabby but he doesn't play until he's fit.

Sign some new midfielders to support Westwood and hopefully Gana.

I think our defensive options are good if we can hold onto Clark, Okore, Amavi, Bacuna, Cissokho, Hutton and Donacien.

MUST try and keep Gil and Traore

I hope RDM can get the most out of this group but I am not holding my breath.

21 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Sign Gayle to play alongside Kozak with Sellars as back up. Sell Gestede and bring in 1 more striker. Keep Gabby but he doesn't play until he's fit.

I think our defensive options are good if we can hold onto Clark, Okore, Amavi, Bacuna, Cissokho, Hutton and Donacien.

Kozak's f***** s***, mate. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Completely forgot about Kozak, he could possible do some damage in the championship! 

Tbh although the team was completely pony last season I do actually still believe with the right set up and management, it's a squad good enough to win the championship imo. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Just highlighted in bold the bits I disagree with.

So in summary i say

Sellars as back up and bring in more than one striker

Sign some new midfielders to support Gana

I think our defensive options are shite but keep Okore, Amavi and Donacien

Must try to keep Gil and Traore

I hope RDM can shift out most of the group

I reckon we will end up having the following players still being here after the summer window. Btw not necessarily my choices to stay.

GK

Bunn
Steer

DEF

Lescott
Richards
Baker
Hutton
Toner
Bennett

MID

Westwood
Gardner
Grealish
Veretout
Lyden
Sinclair

FW

Gabby
Sellars
Gestede
Kozak

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I reckon we will end up having the following players still being here after the summer window. Btw not necessarily my choices to stay.

GK

Bunn
Steer

DEF

Lescott
Richards
Baker
Hutton
Toner
Bennett

MID

Westwood
Gardner
Grealish
Veretout
Lyden
Sinclair

FW

Gabby
Sellars
Gestede
Kozak

Mostly agree - A lot of players are to poor to sell !!!

Think Lescott will go to MLS

Hopefully Richards still has enough pull to be moved on 

Pretty sure Donacien has been released, as his contract is up and there is no reason to extend it. He is League 2 standard at a push and will probably end up playing there if he improves his game, but shouldn't be kept on. 

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

@omariqy I would be devastated if we still had Richards, Lescott and Gabby at the club. Probably the three players most responsible for the current atmosphere at the club.

Agree.  I just can't see how we are going to shift them.

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

GK

Bunn
Steer

DEF

Lescott
Richards
Baker
Hutton
Toner
Bennett

MID

Westwood
Gardner
Grealish
Veretout
Lyden
Sinclair

FW

Gabby
Sellars
Gestede
Kozak

That is grim.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hopefully, one of the Chinese, MLS, middle east or even Indian clubs will come in for them. (Except probably Gabby) As a name still holds more sway than talent, for some of those leagues.

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kozak's f***** s***, mate. 

He's hardly been given an opportunity but has been good overall when he's played. He's a better option than Gestede next to a player like Gayle or Sellars. I'm sure he would start scoring as well if given an extended run in the team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Hopefully, one of the Chinese, MLS, middle east or even Indian clubs will come in for them. (Except probably Gabby) As a name still holds more sway than talent, for some of those leagues.

Nail on head. I think we underestimate Gabby's pull in foreign countries as well. He's been a premier league player for a long time and his surname is hardly forgettable. We have to remember that Liam Ridgewell is a top player in the MLS at the moment and even has his own signature celebration - "The Ridgy Roll" *shudder*.

Edited by JPAngel

We may have to simply cut our loses with Gabby, Lescott and one or two others, and let them go on a free.  It may be the only way of shifting them.  Tuff call for RDM and Xia, as any player is an asset to the company, but I would rather the bulk of them go.  Fresh blood needed throughout the team and I would like to see someone of captain material arrive soon.  

At Schalke Di Matteo played a 3-5-2 tactic (against better teams at least) with wide players expected to do a lot both defending and going forward. Also used 4-4-2 with some success I think?

Aston Villa 3-5-2 football formation

With the players available atm it could look something like this leaving us with at least 4 defensive roles to fill, a very unproven midfield and a imo interesting strike force that will sadly, likely not be here when the season starts... 

@ferguson1 If reports last week are to be believed sites like Birmingham Mail were reporting that Xia had given RDM permission to offload any players he didn't like at an insanely cut price, so chances are Xia doesn't actually care about the sell on value of this lot. 

I would rather the player who stayed at home perhaps getting in some extra fitness sessions respecting his health and body and team paying him absolutely obscene amounts of money in order for him to perform as a top class athlete in the best physical condition he can be.

If you're saying you want players who fit this criteria and DON'T ever go out for a drink or a night out, then I'm sorry to say, but I think you're in dreamland.

There's a big difference between a professional player who has the odd pint every now and then, while enjoying his money in nice restaurants and a player who goes partying every week, drinking silly amounts of alcohol and smoking. Forget this 'they can't be Angels' bollocks. No one here will defend a player if their behaviour is truly disgraceful for a professional athlete, but they are allowed a life outside of football whilst they're playing.

All I'll say is that I think we have enough members of the squad with mediocre attitudes, some model professionals in the Kevin Nolan, Gareth Barry mould would be high on my shopping list.

Gareth Barry?? :crylaugh:

Obviously you're not one of these people that had seen him, or know someone who had seen him, at Birmingham nightclubs partying until the early hours, mid season.

There aren't many perfect professionals who don't treat themselves to the occasional night out or a couple of drinks. Limiting ourselves to those people will leave us with very little choice, unfortunately.