Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

36 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it will best for both parties if Brad moves on.

Yes, I think Lambert, Sherwood and Garde all wanted to replace him. Which has in turn shot all his confidence. He was a half decent keeper, maybe he will be again with a fresh start but I don't see it happening here.

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Therefore legends cannot exist in the modern age. 

Do club legends give interviews to the national press stating their desire to leave, to a club who had finished below us the previous season?

I think there's some confusion here though, I never said I wouldn't have him back in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

The last time Dorrans scored 10 goals was in 2010. If we going to add to central midfield I'd rather it be someone in the vane of Barry/Parker, maybe a younger version if possible.

Unfortunately, younger versions of Barry /  Parker will be signing for top 6 Premier League teams, not a Championship side.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Benteke joined us as a Championship club, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I actually think we have better with him than we do Ings.

The reason Dorrans would be a good signing is because he had a beast of a season in a side that got promoted from the Championship managed by Di matteo. I'd still like to see Wes Hoolahoops join as well, he'd still tear it up in the Championship I reckon.

Adding championship experienced players through the spine of the team will be important, I'd be happy if we made signings like Elphwick, Wes, Dorrans, mccormack and a solid defensive midfielder. Then add some extra quality on top of that lot and we should go close next season.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd be surprised if Benteke joined us as a Championship club, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I actually think we have better with him than we do Ings.

I think the top divisions of Spain, Italy, Germany or France would provide plentiful outlets for his considerable talents before he'd think about the Championship. Someone like West Ham could easily be interested.

I would be utterly amazed if he wanted to return.

• Like 1

I think our transfer dealings will be pretty much like the last few seasons, not necessarily in terms of quality (hopefully) but in the fact we won't have heard of most of them.

Tho I'd also like to think if money isn't an issue, why couldn't we try and get top fringe players from their clubs, im sure if the money's good and they are playing with the notion they are joining a club that in a few years will be challenging for Europe then why not consider a move to Villa?

It probably won't be Benteke, but I predict we'll make at least one signing that will leave people utterly amazed. Think Xia will want to show the doubters what he's all about.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Christian Benteke: Liverpool's Belgium striker says he will consider future

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36482284

Any one take him back if we put in a cheeky bid?

Surely he'd come back.... If no one else came in for him except us :P

No chance. It is a given he will be in claret and blue next season- for West Ham. Scoring loads of goals in their tax payer funded 60,000 stadium. Great.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's why these threads are so tedious every window. 

Bring Barry back!

Bring Milner back!

Bring Young back!

Bring Benteke back!

Bring Delph back!

People on here desperately need to learn how to let go of the past and face reality, but instead we'll clog up 20 or 30 pages of thread with 'speculation' that even the simplest application of common sense would reveal was a waste of time. 

Bring McGrath back!

Possible team next Season:

..............................Boruc (Free)................................

Hutton..........Wasilewski (Free)....Duffy (5mil).......Bennett

.....................Gardner..............Tetty (Free)...............

Adama....................Osman (Free).................Grealish

..............................McCormack (9mil)...................................

Bench: Steer, Clark, Toner, Lyden, Westwood, Hepburn-Murphy, Gestede

Must get shod of:     Guzan, Richards, Lescott, Bacuna & Gabby

Would love to keep:  Amavi, Gana & Ayew as they would rip up the championship - Adama will leave also

Duffy at Blackburn is solid no nonsense Irish International 

Duffy came back from an on-pitch accident and life threatening surgery about 4 years ago and back playing very well at Blackburn. you dont get as tough or no nonsense

Moyes had a lot of time for him at Everton and was probably going be a starter until accident