Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Andre Gray is the record Transfer in the Championship. £9.3m

Only 3 players in the history of the Championship have cost more than £8m.

I said it before, but people are grossly overestimating the money that is spent in that league. I'm not saying we can't and won't break the spending record, I just don't think we'll be doing it on unproven players in positions that aren't in dire need of strengthening.

Ross McCormack went for £11-12m so that's not correct. Spending £8m for a player who is only good enough for the Championship is probably silly but if you spend it on a player who will be good enough for the Premeir League aswell it isn't so bad. We need a goal scorer so that's where we should spend big as we should've done last year. I'd take Carroll and Powell on frees. I think you'd have to pay a tribunal fee for Carroll because of his age though. I'd get rid of Sanchez as I doubt he'd be any good in the hustle and bustle of the league. We will need a big squad. Centre Mid options of Westwood,Gardner, Gana Carroll,Powell and an older head like Barton was for Burnley and I think we'd be strong enough in there with virtually no spend at all. RDM needs to try his best to get Barry back. Then I'd pay whatever for McCormack as he's proven and probably the best we can get. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does he still even play? If so where? I completely forgot he even existed.

Still playing at Fulham. Only made 20 appearances last season but I remember seeing an article about him scoring a good goal and being glad to be back playing regularly 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Ross McCormack went for £11-12m so that's not correct.

Like I said, I was using TransferMarkt.co.uk so happy to be corrected. I think my overall point still stands.

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

O'Dowda could potentially be a great bit of business especially if one or two of Grealish, Adama Traore, Gil or Andre Green leave. Even if none of them leave he would still be a good option to have. RDM generally plays a 4-2-3-1 which would suit.

There is no way Andre Green should leave. This should be his breakthrough season with us and he should want to stay to get first team games with us. Why should we let him go to one of the clubs that are thinking of taking him off our hands to play for their U21 team now we are relegated? We need to keep players like those mentioned because they can burn up our present division with the right players around them. Keeping the players we want to keep will be as vital as bringing in players and getting rid of those players we don't want out during this transfer window.  

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

Older head in midfield, could do worse than get Scott Parker in on a free for a season to help get us back up?

Nice player but it seems he only wants to play for clubs in London.   

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Still playing at Fulham. Only made 20 appearances last season but I remember seeing an article about him scoring a good goal and being glad to be back playing regularly 

Parker could offer what Barton would have but without being as much of a word removed.  That said I don't know what his fitness and form has been like.

What about Youssouf Mulumbu? Joined Norwich in June 2015 but looking at his stats has only made 9 appearances for them last season. Always thought he was decent at WBA and obviously has previously worked with RDM and still 29. Reckon he could do the holding midfield role. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

Older head in midfield, could do worse than get Scott Parker in on a free for a season to help get us back up?

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I remember seeing an article about him scoring a good goal and being glad to be back playing regularly 

I don't want to out anyone, but I suspect skarroki is actually a part of the official Aston Villa scouting network.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Parker could offer what Barton would have but without being as much of a word removed.  That said I don't know what his fitness and form has been like.

I saw Parker play a few weeks ago against Brentford.

Well, I say I saw him play but it was halfway through the second half before I even noticed him. Totally anonymous.

Seeing reports about Gil leaving, what are peoples thoughts on this?

I actually think there is a high probability he will turn out to be another one who comes good but was wasted here.

Although he definitely came off as way too lightweight sometimes.

The quality is definitely there!

His agent says he has no intention of playing in The Championship though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think there is a high probability he will turn out to be another one who comes could but was wasted here.

Very disappointing last season, but can't help but feel he'd be a good player in the Championship.

If he's got no intention of playing in the Championship he might struggle to find a club to be honest!

Think Gil will move back to Spain. I do rate him, and I'd like him to stay in the Championship with us for just one season, but if there's only room for one luxury player in our team, then between Gil or Grealish i'd choose Grealish all day long. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think there is a high probability he will turn out to be another one who comes could but was wasted here.

He is to slow.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Scott Parker??? Maybe 15 years ago! But he is a proper old bastard now and would struggle to run a few yards

We have enough of those already who don't bust a gut!!

He would bust a gut though. Problem is that he would probably do it very easily!!

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think there is a high probability he will turn out to be another one who comes good but was wasted here.

Looked amazing in his first few games but showed he hasn't got the quality to play regular football in the prem. 

so overrated early on in his career here.