Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We've been watching O'Dowda  and have asked to be kept in formed!!!! Good lad who'd jump at the chance to join us. ( his exact words! ) 

Nice, I read an article that said Derby were set to sign him for £1m last January but it broke down due to his £10k p/w wage demands. 

9 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Nice, I read an article that said Derby were set to sign him for £1m last January but it broke down due to his £10k p/w wage demands. 

Yeah that's sort of true, he didn't really wanna go mid season tbh. I don't know if that was the exact figure. I've asked him if he would join us given the state we were in and he said straight away of course. Bowery has put in a good word about the club and us fans. We were also monitoring Roofe, but I think all interest in him has cooled from what I can tell, ( I work for OUFC btw) 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tommybread said:

That would be a great signing. I've heard that many of the young players in the academy are becoming disillusioned at Chelsea so the promise of first team football could possibly even persuade some to move on a permanent. I also really like John Swift, and Bamford might be convinced to drop back down to the Championship. Then there are the likes of Dom Solanke, Izzy Brown, Tammy Abraham etc. are very talented but they're younger so they probably won't be as eager to get out. 

Abraham played v Leicester and looked very lively upfront.

In our situation though we need proven quality so I think Bamford is a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yeah that's sort of true, he didn't really wanna go mid season tbh. I don't know if that was the exact figure. I've asked him if he would join us given the state we were in and he said straight away of course. Bowery has put in a good word about the club and us fans ( I work for OUFC btw) 

Roofe and Liam Sercombe going anywhere? Think Oxford will do very well in league one next season if they hang onto key players, not as good as Burton did but could be outsiders for play offs. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

Roofe and Liam Sercombe going anywhere? Think Oxford will do very well in league one next season if they hang onto key players, not as good as Burton did but could be outsiders for play offs. 

I think a few clubs in the lower prem were watching Roofe ( including us) but I think interest has cooled, not close enough up the chain to know the exact in's and outs tbh. Sercombe I don't think personally is good enough to make the leap. One player we had that impressed me was the young lad jonjoe kenny from Everton, very talented FB. I'd like us to get O'Dowda as a cheap squad option as he has great potential, and from what I'm told a great work ethic. 

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Anyone reckon we'd have any chance in getting Redmond? 

No. As an ex-nose and given his reputation, I think he'd rather stay at Norwich or wait for a Premier League team to come in for him, which I'm sure at least one will try and get a bargain, especially considering the rumours that Norwich might be financially screwed.

Would love him though, the sort player we could do with, although I'd prefer to see Grealish and Traore on the wings personally.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Off topic but I showed bowery villa talk and his gif in the wheel chair and he was blown away peeps use it and was humbled by it. 

anyways enough OUFC talk. 

You're turning my whole world upside down @thabucks. I'm discovering a new-found love of Mr Bowery. 

Jamie O'Hara son is in the villa academy. Just posted a tweet with something along the lines of "I'd give anything to see my son play for such a big club"

Would anyone be against O'Hara on a free? I know he was frozen out at Wolves but I'm not sure if it was purely financial or his attitude stank.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Distin has been released. I know he's ancient, but could he do something on a one year deal? 

I've wanted us to get him since he was at Man City, that said i have no idea what he is like now.