Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

57 minutes ago, Richard said:

Club came close to destroying the man,  that is something we have to look at why.

he really could have just quit if he couldnt handle the pressure. brought some of it on himself hiring Culverhouse/Karsa and Keane

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Probably because the daft word removed kept hiring bullies, mentalists and then worst of all.... trying to do the job all on his own.

Lets not forget the absolute shite that they were playing by the end... that game against Hull at the end was one of the worst I've ever seen Villa play, including this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mwj said:

Lets not forget the absolute shite that they were playing by the end... that game against Hull at the end was one of the worst I've ever seen Villa play, including this season.

hands down the worst Villa performance I have ever seen, only thing close was 7-1 at Stamford Bridge or Wigan 0-3 at home

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

ASTON Villa boss Remi Garde looks set to raid his former club by signing front man Claudio Beauvue.

Reports circulating in France suggest that Villa have tabled an offer for Beauvue, who only signed for Les Gones last summer.

Lyon are looking to offload the former Guingamp man after a run of poor form. It has also been reported that Beauvue has fallen out with the club's hierarchy.

The 27-year-old has scored just three times in 17 starts and an offer worth around £3million would see Lyon accept.

A striker that can't hit a barn door in Ligue 1 is going to light up the premier league and championship is he? I doubt it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

I was a big Lambert fan but i think the time he left he was broken.  The club eventually grinded him down.  We wouldnt be in this predicament now if he had been as fresh as he is now at Blackburn.

Fresh? Blackburn have gone 4 games without a goal. He hasn't changed one bit!

I agree the club ruined him. As it does most managers. Its a career ending club!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Would very much rather put the money towards a Rhodes/Afobe instead. Someone who has the experience of scoring goals in that division and can probably do it at this level.

Gestede and Sinclair have experience of scoring 20 plus goals in the Championship

I don't thnk Rhodes is very good, I get the feeling if he was, someone would have snapped him up by now

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

A striker that can't hit a barn door in Ligue 1 is going to light up the premier league and championship is he? I doubt it

he scored 17 last season!

Doubt there's anything in it, he joined Lyon after Garde left.

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Would very much rather put the money towards a Rhodes/Afobe instead. Someone who has the experience of scoring goals in that division and can probably do it at this level.

So where's the other £20m coming from?

Must be some truth in it, see alot more links from the press starting to report it now.

Aston Villa step up transfer business as Remi Garde lines up £4m striker move

REMI GARDE has made enquiries about striker Claudio Beauvue as Aston Villa search for a player to save them from relegation.

PUBLISHED: 17:02, Wed, Jan 6, 2016 | UPDATED: 17:16, Wed, Jan 6, 2016

Garde spent six years as a player and three as a manager at Lyon and is now hoping to use his contacts there to strike a bargain deal for Beauvue.

The 27-year-old only signed for Lyon in the summer from Guingamp, where he scored 34 goals in 94 games, as the French club beat West Ham to a deal.

But clashes with senior figures at the club and form that has brought him just four goals this year have seen him placed on the transfer list according to reports in France.

Mon, January 4, 2016

The Guadeloupean has reportedly already turned down a move to Toulouse preferring to transfer abroad.

And now Garde has made a £4million offer for the player as he seeks to utilise his knowledge of the French game to carve out a bargain signing.

Remi Garde and Claudio Beauvue

Beauvue has not had a happy spell at Lyon and has been transfer listed

The Villa boss has also been publicly in pursuit of Chelsea forward Loic Remy, a move which has enraged Blues boss Guus Hiddink.

Should Beauvue head to Birmingham though, a similar move for Remy will seem more unlikely and Hiddink's desire to keep the player will not be challenged.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/632174/Remi-Garde-Lyon-Claudio-Beauvue-Premier-League-Aston-Villa-transfer-news-gossip

33 minutes ago, KHV said:

I just hope we don't end up with a load of guff from Ligue 1 

The way we operated I'm the summer, coupled with the subsequent appointment of Garde leads me to think that most, if not all our shopping will be done in Ligue 1.

I imagine going on the summer signings we will be looking at the young upcoming sorts rather than established names. We can only hope that proves to be more Arsenal than Newcastle. 

Edit: 

With regard to my last sentence, I just mean that I hope it proves successful rather than disastrous. I certainly didn't mean that we'll be able to attract the sort of player Wenger has over the years :)

Edited by av1