Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I think Liverpool will want to keep Benteke with them if only to offer them an option coming off the bench. A lack of playing time before the Euros was always going to be a risk for him with this move but it was one he could not wait to take. Even if they did agree to loan him out I have some doubt that he would want to come back to us and that we would pay his wages.  

44 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It's odd that Klopp's seemingly not keen on him considering he was regularly linked with Dortmund when Klopp was there.

He started the previous two games (Bordeaux and Swansea) and came on against Man City the game before that.

I have no idea where people are getting this "he doesn't play for Liverpool" thing from.  He'll play loads.

• Like 2

Benteke goes with all my best wishes. He was responsible for 90% of the rare moments over the last three years when following this club wasn't an absolute arseache. I'm pretty confident I'd have drifted into model aeroplanes or knitting or breeding ferrets or something without him. No matter how shit it was at times during those 3 years, at least he was a hope, a shining light who sometimes did something magical. The last 15 games have been like being sucked into a black hole surrounded by clowns. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

On 3 December 2015 at 13:58:42, bobzy said:

We already have a few of those (N'Zogbia, Lescott, Hutton for example) and then added youth - just like Q.P.R. did.  They bought Fer, Caulker, Sandro and Mutch (prob others) who will have cost a fair amount and been paid a fair amount.

On dropping down, they've basically got rid of the older players but not been able to bring in any meaningful players as they're "stuck" with some of the Premier League waged-ones (Austin (I'd assume pay rise), Fer, Green, Sandro).

Loans are a good route, sure.  Mirallas in the Championship, though?

You're planning for next year I'm planning to fight to stay up! Get the loans in in Jan then if we go they go 

I wasn't aware Benteke was even being exile to the bench that much, I just thought he'd picked up a few injuries in his time already there so wasn't always fully fit to start games. People really think Origi's going to keep starting ahead of him for the rest of the season?!

There is no chance of that happening, a much more realistic target is someone like Peter Crouch I'm afraid. 

On 03/12/2015, 13:04:33, El-Reacho said:

Anyone else get a slightly childish, slightly bitter, satisfied feeling inside when they see our ex-players rotting away on the bench?? Just me?

A bit, and although Benteke is good he's slightly overrated by us Villa fans. Lukaku has overtaken him now imo.

• Like 1

Cissokho will come back in January so I think Cole rumours are just that. Plus he'd hardly come and play for a fiver per week. A player of his standing would still be demanding a decent wedge.

Joel Campbell looked brilliant in the world cup but he's never really looked that good at Arsenal has he? Loic Remy would be very good though if it was possible. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/03/leicester-city-aston-villa-and-qpr-reportedly-keen-on-former-cha/

A report in France this week is suggesting that three English teams are hoping to bring in Andy Delort from Caen this January.

The main interest is coming from Leicester City. Mercato 365 suggest that Leicester scouts watched him in action in the 4-1 win against Bordeaux at the weekend and are keen on bringing him in in, as Andrej Kramaric looks set to exit.

However the same report also suggests that Aston Villa and QPR were also keeping an eye on the player.

Villa are rock bottom of the Premier League and could use all the help they can get. They have also been big movers in the Ligue 1 market recently. QPR on the other hand have worries over Charlie Austin's future and a new striker needs to be lined up.

But if Leicester, Villa or QPR fans are thinking the name sounds familiar you would be right - but not for the right reasons.

Delort may have five goals and two assists this season for high-flying Caen but when he headed to England in 2014 he went on to flop.

He joined Wigan from Tours last summer but after just six months in the Championship and no goals in 11 appearances he headed back to France.

So he would certainly be a gamble if any of the English trio decided to bring him back across the Channel.

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wow, imagine Cole at left back and Lescott on the left side of centre half, that'd be the slowest set up in the league. 

Just need to tempt Rio & Carragher!