Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

Despite everything, we're still not dead and buried. 

Yes not quite yet so I am relying on it being a bit like the end of the film Carrie with us reaching a hand out to drag someone down in our place. :)  

• Like 1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/07/jh-goal-shy-aston-villa-considering-move-for-dinamo-zagreb-strik/page/1/

Aston Villa are reportedly considering a move for former Liverpool youngster Armin Hodzic, as Remi Garde desperately tries to save the Villans from relegation, according to Calciomercato.

Unsurprisingly, the Premier League's bottom side are also the joint-lowest goalscorers in the division - along with Stoke City - so will know how important the January transfer window will be to their chances of survival. 

Hodzic - now with Dinamo Zagreb - will have an understanding of the English game, having spent three years with the Merseyside outfit. However, he failed to make an appearance for the Reds before his departure in 2014 and spent much of his time at the club out on loan. 

But, with Zagreb, the 21-year-old is starting to make a name for himself, suggest Calciomercato. He is the club's joint -op goalscorer in the league and has featured for the side in the Champions League - scoring in the defeat to Olympiakos last month. 

It would certainly be a brave call on Villa's part, should they make a move for the striker in the upcoming window. He will not be a household name so may well be available at a decent price but it would be very difficult to know if he has what it takes to handle the pressure of the Villans' desperate situation. 

If he is not able to start firing straight away, the door down to the Championship will open just that little bit further.

10 in 18 for Zagrab.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Benteke makes one bad miss, suddenly everybody seems to think he's likely to want to turn up here again, I don't understand it. 

If he ever plays for us again, he'll be the wrong side of 35 when he does so. 

People are under the impression he's bench warming at Liverpool for some reason.

Crouch is more likely if Garde is interested. A random one but how about Kevin Mirallas, dosen't seen to start anymore for Everton when I see their line up nowadays? Or Naismith. 

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, VillaChris said:

People are under the impression he's bench warming at Liverpool for some reason.

Crouch is more likely if Garde is interested. A random one but how about Kevin Mirallas, dosen't seen to start anymore for Everton when I see their line up nowadays? Or Naismith. 

three that would improve us straight away good shout was trying to think of a third

• Like 1