Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

One thing that might go for us is the fact the Euros are in the summer. Any international not getting game time will,be desperate to get away in Jan. Hopefully we can get a couple of loans and a couple of signings. At present I'd try for Austin, Townsend and  Trippier. Bring back Cissokoho and Bennett. We are desperate for an experienced old head in CM just to calm things when games look like getting away from us but I've no idea who! I'd even bring Vlaar back for 6 months if he fancied it and was fit enough to start! 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎14‎:‎58‎:‎49, av1 said:

Planning for the Championship is something you would expect any competent board to be doing as a Plan B

However, plan A should be staying in this league,

Given the situation we are in, and the fact that it's likely to be worse in January, plan A should be preparing for the Championship. Staying in the league would just be an unexpected bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if Garde's instructions are to rebuild the club from the ground up by bringing young players through regardless of the division we are in.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Why are people obsessed with moving Micah Richards to right back?

It's really annoying.

I could understand it if Richards wasn't playing well.

But he is. he's been our best player.
Plus we have no other good centrebacks. So moving Richards to RB MIGHT improve the RB position, but it would weaken our CB position which is way more important.

It's bizarre. I think it's just a combination of Richards having played there before, and VT's obsession over moving players as soon as they start playing well.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Given the situation we are in, and the fact that it's likely to be worse in January, plan A should be preparing for the Championship. Staying in the league would just be an unexpected bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if Garde's instructions are to rebuild the club from the ground up by bringing young players through regardless of the division we are in.

Have to disagree. Its also possible that things may look better in January, (suggesting "things are likely to be worse" is simply an opinion) yet you think we should except relegation with 5 months left? 

I agree things are looking grim at the moment but plan A should be to stay in this league. I wonder if Leicester fans had the same defeatist attitude when they where rock bottom last Christmas.

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree things are looking grim at the moment but plan A should be to stay in this league. I wonder if Leicester fans had the same defeatist attitude when they where rock bottom last Christmas.

It doesn't matter what the fans attitude is. What matters is that if you are running a business that's 1/4 to have it's revenue halved in 6 months time then you better start preparing for that as it's by far the most likely outcome. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't matter what the fans attitude is. What matters is that if you are running a business that's 1/4 to have it's revenue halved in 6 months time then you better start preparing for that as it's by far the most likely outcome. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

So if by January we are say, 2 points from safety, you would still prefer to be planning for the championship rather than looking to bring in players that would help to keep us in this division?

As I said in my opening post, the club should of course have a plan in place for relegation, and if I had to bet my house on a finishing position come May it would probably go on a bottom 3 place, so I'm certainly not oblivious to how dire the situation is. 

All I'm saying is that Plan A should be to stay in this League, I'm not prepared to simply except relegation with so much time, and opportunity (by way of the transfer window) left in the season. And I would hope our Chairman feels the same. 

IMO there is absolutely no chance that Remi Garde accepted the job here if the remit was to plan for the Championship. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, villa89 said: Given the situation we are in, and the fact that it's likely to be worse in January, plan A should be preparing for the Championship. Staying in the league would just be an unexpected bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if Garde's instructions are to rebuild the club from the ground up by bringing young players through regardless of the division we are in.

Have to disagree. Its also possible that things may look better in January, (suggesting "things are likely to be worse" is simply an opinion) yet you think we should except relegation with 5 months left? 

I agree things are looking grim at the moment but plan A should be to stay in this league. I wonder if Leicester fans had the same defeatist attitude when they where rock bottom last Christmas.

27 minutes ago, villa89 said: It doesn't matter what the fans attitude is. What matters is that if you are running a business that's 1/4 to have it's revenue halved in 6 months time then you better start preparing for that as it's by far the most likely outcome. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

So if by January we are say, 2 points from safety, you would still prefer to be planning for the championship rather than looking to bring in players that would help to keep us in this division?

As I said in my opening post, the club should of course have a plan in place for relegation, and if I had to bet my house on a finishing position come May it would probably go on a bottom 3 place, so I'm certainly not oblivious to how dire the situation is. 

All I'm saying is that Plan A should be to stay in this League, I'm not prepared to simply except relegation with so much time, and opportunity (by way of the transfer window) left in the season. And I would hope our Chairman feels the same. 

IMO there is absolutely no chance that Remi Garde accepted the job here if the remit was to plan for the Championship. 

ACCEPT

Otherwise I agree

4 hours ago, tayloroz said:

I've a slight bias slant towards this, but I'd love to bring in Mile Jedinak in CM. He's out of favour with Palace with Cabaye and McArthur in front of him, with a late transfer falling through over the Summer. But to me he's a proven leader having previously captained them and current Australian captain, consistently a good ball winner (according to the stats), and would add a bit of physicality and experience to our side.

I agree, I think Jedinak would be a] achievable, and b] an improvement on all of our current central midfielders. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

giphy.gif

The problem with the "plan for the worst" idea is that, in this case, planning for the worst (signing young, eager talent, or signing no-one) virtually guarantees the worst.  It pretty much determines that all "hope for the best" is a pipe dream.

"Plan for the worst" is, within the limitations of relegation and a limited transfer window, a really BAD plan.  

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

The problem with the "plan for the worst" idea is that, in this case, planning for the worst (signing young, eager talent, or signing no-one) virtually guarantees the worst.  It pretty much determines that all "hope for the best" is a pipe dream.

"Plan for the worst" is, within the limitations of relegation and a limited transfer window, a really BAD plan.  

Normally I'd agree but in this case it would take so much money for us to have a hope in he'll of staying up and even then the players we need wouldn't come to us.

11 hours ago, av1 said:

That's  exactly what I keep thinking myself, but then it dawn's on me that Leicester had a lot more  toughness and resilience than what we appear to have along  with a tough as old boots general in charge pumping them up for each game ( and no this is not intended in anyway shape or form as a dig at Reme). Just an observation of some of the factors which contributed to the foxes staying up in my view

With the amount of money coming from broadcasting (more than double), how is in anyway preparing for the championship anything but a catastrophe. Its no surprise his fortune came from inheritance. I agree that spending net 40 million every season was non sustainable but going to the other extreme and spending like a championship club and selling your best players only ends up with relegation.