Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Interesting if true as we had Mandanda on trial from Le Havre when  Martin O'Neill was manager but O'Neil' didn't rate him and he joined Marseille not long after.

He was no Scott Carson :rolleyes:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, villan-scott said:

We wouldn't be able to register him I don't think. He would be a good short term solution at left back. 

Agreed if Ashley Cole is willing to come to us where he will be guaranteed games from January onwards we should try to make this one happen. He has experience, would command respect from the rest of the team and could make a big impact. I would not say no to Campbell either. These would be only loans but they would show we are prepared to look for a possible lifeline rather than to sink without a fight.   

Edited by John

5 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

Gould mentioned loan move for Remy. Would be a great move. 

Agreed but less likely to happen than Cole or Campbell for me if they are likely to happen in any case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Agreed but less likely to happen than Cole or Campbell for me if they are likely to happen in any case. 

Cole Is good 

Campell wouldn't add much to what we have winger wise IMO. Would prefer flamini or Rosiciky on loan. 

Edited by OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, OneNightInRotterdam said:

Cole Is good 

Campell wouldn't add snug if IMO. Would prefer flamini or Rosiciky on loan. 

So would I but I would think we would be more likely to get Arsene to loan Campbell to us rather than either of them. 

1 minute ago, John said: Agreed but less likely to happen than Cole or Campbell for me if they are likely to happen in any case. 

Cole Is good 

Campell wouldn't add much to what we have winger wise IMO. Would prefer flamini or Rosiciky on loan. 

Cole was good...

He's 34 and hasn't played since May

Hutton - Richards - Okore - COLE  would be an encouraging defence

Any 'proper/ proven' striker would be an improvement, loan or not. We can't buy 'prospects' in January. 

We need both those to happen as otherwise every team will target our LB (Richardson, Bacuna or Clark?) and know we're very unlikely to score anyway! Can't see it happening though, would require wages... 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said: Cole was good...

He's 34 and hasn't played since May

Better than Richardson. 

Richardson is utter shit

But Cole is 34, played for Roma 11 times last year, hasn't played since May, is expecting his first child, he's not the answer, I would seriously doubt his heart being in it

Also he's out of contract, if we were serious about signing him why isn't he training with us already? Where is he training?

I think it's a lazy LB + garde ex arsenal link that has no chance of happening

• Like 2

I think Cissokho back makes the most sense for us.

We could definitely do with a big signing to give the club a bit of a lift but we need to make sure it's a great fit for the team; someone who can just slot right in. Garde is starting to get the team a little more settled and as a result, I think he'll know exactly what he's missing and wants to sign in Jan.

Despite everything, we're still not dead and buried. 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Better than Richardson. 

Richardson is utter shit

But Cole is 34, played for Roma 11 times last year, hasn't played since May, is expecting his first child, he's not the answer, I would seriously doubt his heart being in it

Also he's out of contract, if we were serious about signing him why isn't he training with us already? Where is he training?

I think it's a lazy LB + garde ex arsenal link that has no chance of happening

Good points. P

I'd not have Cole. Too expensive, washed up to the max and would be undroppable. And if the guy from Caen couldn't cut it at Wigan I have strong doubts about him here.

What's clear is we need Lerner to sanction some cash to have a chance, talking £30mil. Even then we will have trouble convincing people to come apart from has beens, never wases and never will bes.

Cole is an interesting one. 

I like the idea of it. But I think the posters in here who have their reservations might be onto something.

I don't think he'd be a bad shout if he was the only choice, regardless of his age and motivation, just because of our lack of alternatives. But we could probably find a better solution elsewhere.