Pre match thread

Arj Guy

There are some pretty damning stats on the BBC's pre-match page, but the standout for me is this little beauty:

Stoke are winless in eight Premier League away matches since a 2-1 victory at Villa in February.

What's the betting we break that run for them?

Well you can get 11/5 for a Stoke win if you must know :-)

• Like 1

There are some pretty damning stats on the BBC's pre-match page, but the standout for me is this little beauty:

Stoke are winless in eight Premier League away matches since a 2-1 victory at Villa in February.

What's the betting we break that run for them?

Well you can get 11/5 for a Stoke win if you must know :-)

well I'm going to back Stoke, I haven't won a Saturday bet for ages so hopefully that helps, if it doesn't I'm quids in :D

Stoke are actually in just as poor form as us. They've scored less goals, but we've conceded more. This is the perfect time to play them because confidence surely is low. Attack them from the start. They don't have their regular center back pairing and are shuffling their defense around each match. This is a must win for me.

According to the Beeb's preview Adama is still highly unlikely to feature so I'd go with:

GK Guzan

RB Hutton

CB Richards

CB Clark

LB Amavi

CDM Sanchez

CDM Gana

RAM Gil

CAM Sinclair

LAM Grealish

CF Gestede

Subs: Bunn, Lescott, Bacuna, Veretout, Westwood, Ayew, Gabby.

I don't quite understand the people who say, 'I'm going, so we will lose. Whenever I go, we lose'.

If anyone ever goes, we lose.

We lose all the time. 

Haha...

My last few games have been...

Villa 0-1 Man City (2013)

Villa 0-2 West Ham (2014)

Villa 1-4 Stoke City (2014)

Villa 0-1 Swansea (2015)

Villa 0-1 Burnley (2015)

Villa 2-2 Sunderland (2015)

Liverpool 3-2 Villa (2015)

Played 7. Won 0, drawn 1, lost 6. Scored 5, conceded 14.

:(

Hah we all been there. Under Lambert's second season I think I went about 9 games in a row without seeing them win. I missed the wins such as Chelsea and Man City, and sampled the delights of home defeats to Fulham, Sheffield United, West Ham, Stoke, and Palace and Swansea away. But we keep going back for more!

Think we'll see;

-- Guzan --

Bacuna -- Richards -- Lescott -- Amavi

----- Westwood --------- Sanchez ----

-- Gil --------- Grealish --------- Sinclair --

------------------ Gestede ----------------

Not saying I'd pick that side, but I think it'll be what Tim goes for, unless there are injuries there I've missed (although to be honest he seems to be pretty hard to predict with tactics, formations and substitutions, so who knows). 

According to the Beeb's preview Adama is still highly unlikely to feature so I'd go with:

GK Guzan

RB Hutton

CB Richards

CB Clark

LB Amavi

CDM Sanchez

CDM Gana

RAM Gil

CAM Sinclair

LAM Grealish

CF Gestede

Subs: Bunn, Lescott, Bacuna, Veretout, Westwood, Ayew, Gabby.

This isn't the team Sherwood will go with but at the moment this is probably the line up I would try, when fit I'd like to see Okore back with Richards at RB.

If Sinclair starts going missing then I'd get him off sharpish and put Ayew on.

I've no idea where Ilore or Traore will fit into the team once they are both fit enough but with so many player's either not good enough, unfit or out of form it shouldn't be to long before we see them play.

I was there every game home and away in the 86/87 season and it was painful to watch, different era but this team is beginning to remind me of that year. 

Stoke are there for the taking but can Sherwood pick the right team? make the right changes to get the win? I doubt it.