Pre match thread

Arj Guy

Stoke are a far superior team, avoiding defeat today would be a good result

If Stoke are a far superior team than us, then we are as good as down anyway.

of course they are, league tables don't lie, they have been ahead us for years. We are a bottom 5 team and have been for a while. We are only in the prem because there have been 3 really really shit teams in previous seasons. We are not even a 40 point a season team and won't be this season either

• Like 1

It wouldn't though would it

They are on a terrible run of form and were desperate for points and are also the home team

Going into the international break with anything less than 3 points with the difficult fixtures coming up after will be a disaster tbh

This is the last of our winnable games for a while

Edited by AshVilla

It wouldn't though would it

They are on a terrible run of form and were desperate for points and are also the home team

Going into the international break with anything less than 3 points with the difficult fixtures coming up after will be a disaster tbh

This is the last of our winnable games for a while

They are on poor form but they are a better team. 

If Stoke are a far superior team than us, then we are as good as down anyway.

of course they are, league tables don't lie, they have been ahead us for years. We are a bottom 5 team and have been for a while. We are only in the prem because there have been 3 really really shit teams in previous seasons. We are not even a 40 point a season team and won't be this season either

That's the point they aren't 'far superior' the difference between us and Stoke isn't that much. The only difference is a good run of games. I think it's only 13/14 where Stoke weren't really looking over there shoulder at all during a season.

I'm not denying the position we are in. They've been the better team for a while, and this season remains to be seen but far superior is ridiculous, and as I say if they are far superior(this season, not today) we will be relegated.

Anyone else think that Lawrenson has an issue with Sherwood?

The **** predicts a defeat every week whilst having a dig Sherwood.

Isnt that what we all do on here? 

If anything it makes me like Lawro more.

• Like 1

Stoke are not a better team, they simply have a better Manager.

That is hilarious! Possibly one of the most delusional comments I have read for a while. Are you telling me the mighty Aston Villa who have only won 17 matches out 73 games at home over a 4 year period are a better team Stoke who have finished 9th in the last two seasons?????:lol:

'Better team' is such an empty statement though. What does it mean? Are they a better team than us this season? Well, no. Clearly not.

I'd be much more worried about the Villa 'fan' who says that Stoke are 'far superior' to us than focusing on the 'delusional' fan who actually backs his team.

Anyone else think that Lawrenson has an issue with Sherwood?

The **** predicts a defeat every week whilst having a dig Sherwood.

Isnt that what we all do on here? 

If anything it makes me like Lawro more.

Maybe so, But I don't like other people having a pop at Villa or anyone associated with us.

That's our job, not Lawro's.

Lawro's laughable sometimes.

His prediction doesn't bother me at all, it's not a bad shout. What does bother me is statement about Rudy being the standout of our transfers, it's almost as if he just looks up the top scorers table  and assumes that he's been our best player from that.

Anyway, please play Gil today. But more importantly, please win Villa, it's been too long since I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend.

Stoke

That is hilarious! Possibly one of the most delusional comments I have read for a while. Are you telling me the mighty Aston Villa who have only won 17 matches out 73 games at home over a 4 year period are a better team Stoke who have finished 9th in the last two seasons?????:lol:

'Better team' is such an empty statement though. What does it mean? Are they a better team than us this season? Well, no. Clearly not.

I'd be much more worried about the Villa 'fan' who says that Stoke are 'far superior' to us than focusing on the 'delusional' fan who actually backs his team.

are not a better team, they simply have a better Manager.

Stokestarting eleven

• 1Butland
  • 8Johnson
  • 20Cameron
  • 26Wollscheid
  • 3Pieters
  • 6Whelan booked at 90 minutes
  • 16Adam (substituted forVan Ginkel at75minutes')
  • 22Shaqiri (substituted forAfellay at54minutes')
  • 27Krkic (substituted forDiouf at62minutes')
  • 10Arnautovic
  • 19Walters

No pal, what's delusional is thinking that this team which started their last league game is 'far superior' to our own.

What is also delusional is not accepting that the reason we are all worried about facing the likes of Johnathan Walters, is that our own players are likely to have absolutely no idea about what they are supposed to be doing. That tends to have an impact on the league table.