Pre match thread

Arj Guy

Whatever the result, Villa Park is going to be flat. Loads of people can't be arsed to go already in the 4th home league game, if  Seatwave is correct. It has 111 listings for the game already!  Go a goal down, it's going to get brittle.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, there were plenty on there for the Baggies game and we had over 36k. Stoke have sold 2.5k and the crowd won't be far off 35k for this one.

Team I'd like to see:

------------ Guzan ------------

Bacuna Richards Lescott Amavi

------ Gueye Sanchez ------

---- Traore Gil Grealish ----

--------- Gestede ---------

Hutton (over Bacuna), Clark (over Lescott) and Veretout (for Sanchez or Gil) also pushing for starts. Ayew as an impact sub.

bad news guys - I#m going to this and my recent record is horrendous :(

im not going then, ive been told to keep away from men with sweeties.

It's OK the wife isn't attending ;)

I think this weekend we'll see the formation Sherwood has wanted to play since the beginning of the summer, in my thinking:

------------------------------ Guzan ------------------------------

Bacuna --------- Richards ----- Clark ----------- Amavi

------------ Gana ----- Westwood ----- Veretout --------

--------- Gil -------------------------------------- Grealish---

-------------------------- Gestede ------------------------------

• Like 3

There are currently only 2, possibly 3, outfield players that I think 100% of VillaTalk would agree absolutely have to be in the side.  Amavi and Gana with possibly Richards too.  Everyone else might be close to 100% (Gestede, Grealish, Gil?) or varying degrees of it.  That probably says more about the squad at the moment than it does about VillaTalk.

Traore, Grealish and Gil on the pitch at the same time against Stoke is a really bad idea, we will lose the midfield battle with Gil,Traore and Grealish being about as useful defensivley as Lescott!!  It should be Gana, Sanchez and Veretout in the middle for me with any two of Gralish,Traore and Gil behind Rudy or Ayew

• Like 1

If I were Gil, and I am kind of in my style of play, and I didn't start against Stoke, I'd flip.

He's consistently our best player in the matches he plays and yet doesn't get a look in. Kind of sums his situation up really when he scored that worldy against Leicester...Scores a wonder goal and hasn't featured since.

If we have to, play him in the Westwood role (still not sure what that is, 'deep lying playmaker') He'd be far better than him there and probably Veretout as well.

He's a good player. And we don't have many of them. He needs to play.

Rant over.

if gestede is our starting striker then we need crosses so a 4-4-2 with wingers is what i would play. we paid a fortune for ayew so might aswell give him a chance as he looked better recently.

the same goes for vertout, we all know what westwood brings, some good some bad but all these guys have had enough time to settle now so time to give them proper game time

guzan

hutton richards lescott amavi

vertout   gana

traore                    grealish

ayew     gestede

subs:okore gil sinclair westwood sanchez bacuna  bunn  

okore should be brought on,needs game time as we need options at the back im not convinced by clark this season so far, same with lescott

I'm tired of planning my Saturday evenings around the let down of a Villa team. I have to wait until 9pm at the earliest to watch this shower of s***e week in week out let me down time and time again.

Not this weekend tho, I'm off out on the razzle dazzle and won't give two monkeys what happens to them.

That said, the next morning when I wake up hungover,  I'll no doubt sigh when I look to see the scoreline and find out that we've lost again.

I hate football right now, have never felt like this in my 40 odd years of supporting Villa, I really don't care anymore.

• Like 1