Pre match thread

Arj Guy

Got a feeling we will see

Guzan,Bacuna,Richards,Lescott,Amavi,Westwood,Gana,Sanchez,Agbonlahor,Sinclair,Gestede

subs:Bunn,Clark,Hutton,Veretout,Grealish,Traore,Gil

I don't quite understand the people who say, 'I'm going, so we will lose. Whenever I go, we lose'.

If anyone ever goes, we lose.

We lose all the time. 

Haha...

My last few games have been...

Villa 0-1 Man City (2013)

Villa 0-2 West Ham (2014)

Villa 1-4 Stoke City (2014)

Villa 0-1 Swansea (2015)

Villa 0-1 Burnley (2015)

Villa 2-2 Sunderland (2015)

Liverpool 3-2 Villa (2015)

Played 7. Won 0, drawn 1, lost 6. Scored 5, conceded 14.

:(

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Got a feeling we will see

Guzan,Bacuna,Richards,Lescott,Amavi,Westwood,Gana,Sanchez,Agbonlahor,Sinclair,Gestede

subs:Bunn,Clark,Hutton,Veretout,Grealish,Traore,Gil

If Agbonlahor and Sinclair both start...oh my days...

I don't want to see both Sanchez and Westwood, too defensive at home, I'd prefer Sanchez of the two. I also don't want to see Gabby, nor Sinclair (as I don't think he offers enough aside from the odd goal). Let's see the flair players; Gil, Grealish, Adama, Ayew get game time.

A draw , I'm losing interest quickly , don't feel that bothered what the result will be and that's a dangerous sign if more of us are starting to feel that way.

The only interest I have is trying to guess our starting 11 and any sub's we may make, Sherwood doesn't seem to follow any sort of logic so we can probably expect Rudy to be dropped and Ayew to start with gabby grealish and gill , a midfield two of Westwood and Gardner, Bunn in goal, lescott Richards Richardson and Hutton at the back , UTV we go again 

Well there will be no Gabby and no Traore so I'm guessing the line up will be the same as last Saturday??

I hope there is no Lescott or Sinclair but have a horrible feeling they will start

------------------------------ Guzan ------------------------------

Hutton --------- Richards ----- Clark ----------- Amavi

-- Gana -- Sanchez (60mins)Westwood -- Veretout --

--------- Gil/Ayew-------------------------------- Grealish---

-------------------------- Gestede ------------------------------

or

------------------------------ Guzan -----------------------------

--------- Richards ------- Clark -------- Lescott------------

--Bacuna----------- Gana ------- Veretout --------Amavi--

--------- Gil/Ayew -------------------------------- Grealish---

-------------------------- Gestede ------------------------------

Edited by Grasshopper

There are some pretty damning stats on the BBC's pre-match page, but the standout for me is this little beauty:

Stoke are winless in eight Premier League away matches since a 2-1 victory at Villa in February.

What's the betting we break that run for them?

There are some pretty damning stats on the BBC's pre-match page, but the standout for me is this little beauty:

Stoke are winless in eight Premier League away matches since a 2-1 victory at Villa in February.

What's the betting we break that run for them?

• Villa have only earned 71 points from 73 league games at Villa Park since December 2011 (W17, D20, L36).
  • If Aston Villa lose, it will represent their joint-worst start after eight matches of a top-flight season. They last had four points after eight games in 1986-87.

That is **** awful, I remember the 86/87 season too, christ that was bad we need to win as you don't recover from starts like that