The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

21 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Looking at the proposed 'David's Law'.  I think it may make the title of this thread and a decent number of the posts on here against the law.  I'm a bit mixed on this one as I do think that the internet needs to be better regulated to prevent the spread of hate, violence and lies, but I don't trust the Tories to use to for anything much other than to silence critics.

Combine this proposal with the other little ditty Raab dropped the other day, when they get to overrule the courts if the Govt think the courts have got it wrong and we have another shift towards autocracy.

Actually going to create a poll on this later, I'm quite interested in how people will/would change posting here. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Looking at the proposed 'David's Law'.  I think it may make the title of this thread and a decent number of the posts on here against the law.  I'm a bit mixed on this one as I do think that the internet needs to be better regulated to prevent the spread of hate, violence and lies, but I don't trust the Tories to use to for anything much other than to silence critics.

Combine this proposal with the other little ditty Raab dropped the other day, when they get to overrule the courts if the Govt think the courts have got it wrong and we have another shift towards autocracy.

• Like 1

Sorry but it’s ridiculous.

How can they enforce a restriction on criticism, sadly the Amess death seems to conveniently fit an agenda the Tories have been pushing for over the past few years.

Theres literally nothing they won’t try and turn to their advantage and I will never stop criticising the scum that is the Conservative party.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Straggler said:

Just look at what they charge for insulin in the US. The NHS ain't perfect, but it is SO much better than the private alternative.

It's so much better than the US alternative, absolutely. I don't think the same applies to say the French, German, Swiss alternatives.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sorry but it’s ridiculous.

How can they enforce a restriction on criticism, sadly the Amess death seems to conveniently fit an agenda the Tories have been pushing for over the past few years.

Theres literally nothing they won’t try and turn to their advantage and I will never stop criticising the scum that is the Conservative party.

It really is fascism creep

As a favourite musical artist of mine, Mark Stewart once called an album... "As the Veneer of Democracy Starts to Fade..." Never has that album been more prescient 

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's so much better than the US alternative, absolutely. I don't think the same applies to say the French, German, Swiss alternatives.

What's on the table.

NHS GP practice operator with 500,000 patients passes into hands of US health insurer

Oh.

Shame Corbyn hated Jews.

• Like 1

Just now, Xann said:

What's on the table.

NHS GP practice operator with 500,000 patients passes into hands of US health insurer

Oh.

Shame Corbyn hated Jews.

Yeah, what the tories are doing and have done is dreadful.

Shame Labour had a leader that was a liability, that hindered their election chances, because then they might have been able to do something about it, instead of sitting there with the Tories having an 80 seat majority after 11 years of doing Tory baby eating.

• Haha 1

First there was the European Research Group, then the Covid Research Group, was just listening to the radio and they seem to have come up with something called the Net Zero Scrutiny Group or some such . . . standard conservative message of we can't afford it, it's mostly not our fault, think about your energy bills etc.

But I can't stop thinking about the brilliance of the concept of these 'research groups', which a] allow the opinions of the base to appear in the discourse, b] cause the media to portray the meaningful debate on the topic to be happening between different parts of the Conservative party, and c] allow Johnson or whoever to seem 'moderate' by portraying him as charting a middle path between Labour and his own backbenchers.

Very smart tactics IMO.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Nothing will change. I honestly can’t see a future in my lifetime when they aren’t in charge. People have picked their side and even mass slaughter of children and babies by them wouldnt even make a dent in the collective voters hive mind. This is it now. This is the UK. A country with a lot of selfish hateful people choosing more selfish hateful people to lead them. The system has been abused, manipulated and morphed into something that helps only one type of person and if you don’t want to be a spiteful, nasty little Englander xenophobe then that’s on you you lefty snowflake weak remainer because screw what’s right, this side won the battle and you chose wrong.  

• Like 1

UK lab investigated for false negative Covid tests is not fully accredited

Neither Immensa nor Dante Labs has ever been accredited, Ukas says, contrary to government comments

The private laboratory that is under investigation for potentially issuing more than 40,000 false negative Covid tests was not fully accredited to perform the work, contrary to assurances made by health officials.

The UK’s independent accreditation service, Ukas, told the Guardian on Monday that neither Immensa Health Clinics Ltd nor its sister company, Dante Labs, had ever been accredited by the service, and that it had informed the Department of Health that statements suggesting otherwise were incorrect.

The UK Health Security Agency announced on Friday that it was suspending operations at Immensa’s laboratory in Wolverhampton pending an investigation into concerns that at least 43,000 people with coronavirus had been wrongly told their swabs tested negative for the virus.

Because many of the individuals would have believed the typically more accurate PCR tests performed by Immensa over simpler lateral flow tests, there is a substantial risk they unwittingly spread the virus on to thousands more people.

Grauniad

Looking forward to 'your' privatised NHS?

Edited by Xann

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Vermin.

Clever Vermin,  like Gangster's,  they operate within a framework to make them seemingly untouchable.  That they created.

Covid was a happy accident for them,  they are all oK and have got through it healthy and richer and so have their mates.

If not Covid then a famine for example,  Britain will give millions and do 1000's of food drop parcels.  6 months later we will find out one of the cabinets Nan's owns the box drop company and charges 15 quid a box.

We should not be surprised.  All their fingers in all the pies.  Thankfully they are not small heaths or more fingers in pies. 

Â