The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s not on holiday, he’s working remotely.

Yep, the guy who said people need to ditch remote working and get back in the office is working from his holiday home in Spain.

Double yep, the guy who hid in a fridge to avoid difficult questions has left the country just before a report about how he killed thousands of people was released.

I've really tried to stay away from it all. I want to be ignorant of what's going on because it winds me up too much. 

Nothing will change, these words removed will continue in power and people like Boris will continue to succeed.

I'm going go focus on my family, villa and a few hobbies I have and do my best to ignore the rest of it. 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2021 at 09:12, Mark Albrighton said:

I appreciate it’s not the most pressing issue, but still, another bloody holiday.

I've not had a week off this year and the PM has had about 3 holidays! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

The one that's annoying me most that seems to be sticking with Tory bootlickers is that we're 'the fastest growing country in the G7'.

That's only because we got absolutely battered compared to the others.  I've seen this thrown out at PMQs a few times and not once did Starmer call them out on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That's only because we got absolutely battered compared to the others.  I've seen this thrown out at PMQs a few times and not once did Starmer call them out on it.

That isn't how PMQ's works. Starmer can't answer for Johnson and the questions asked are submitted beforehand and Starmer gets 3. It's theatre nothing more

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

That isn't how PMQ's works. Starmer can't answer for Johnson and the questions asked are submitted beforehand and Starmer gets 3. It's theatre nothing more

Six innit?

There's a much better reason why Starmer isn't going to go with a question like "you keep banging on about record growth, but isn't that just because you screwed things up so badly so it's had further to grow?".

It would just illicit an answer like "we took decisions to keep the country safe, and I thank my Right Honourable Friend for highlighting the incredible growth that we have overseen since we took the bold decision to get the country moving, which I would remind him, HE OPPOSED!"

That's not to say Starmer and his team are doing a great job of choosing questions either, mind. But he's not going to pick a question which just lets Johnson talk at length about alleged successes. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Â