The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Queen is going to give Southend the status of being a city in memory of Sir David Amess, announced by Johnson

Say what?

He campaigned for it for years.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Straggler said:

I know I've written about it before, but my mother-in-law was an American.  She died of Cancer after 2 years of treatment.  Before she got sick she had several successful businesses, multiple houses, and medical insurance.  Even with all that by the time she passed she had lost all the businesses, and the family home was foreclosed on with the family still living in it.  There was nothing left other than a mountain of debt.  The amount hospitals charge is an outrage, the ability to provide treatments and services that you find out after the event are out of network (not covered by insurance) is a business in itself.  The insurance companies are there to not pay for things, they are perfectly happy to see you die as cheaply as possible.  They will fight you when you need all your energy to fight whatever you are struggling with.  They don't want you to get better, they want to take your home when you die.

Just look at what they charge for insulin in the US. The NHS ain't perfect, but it is SO much better than the private alternative.

…and then people will vote tory election after election and slowly but surely more and more of the system is privatised and monetised and then those tory voters get angry that when they want to use one specific part of the cradle til grave system, they have to pay with their house.

They’ll complain they did their research, they were an educated decision maker. But this isn’t what they psychically envisaged when they used their brain power to vote for a tory.

They’ll think they’ve been cheated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Looks like the Tories and their media are using this as an opportunity to combat "the left" for calling them nasty names on Twitter, despite the fact this was not a left wing attack and certainly not someone inspired by the whole 'Tory Scum' thing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In principle, it's a nice tribute to a murdered colleague. It costs nothing, and it doesn't really do anything, but it was something he was passionate about and leaves him a legacy for his friends, family and constituents to remember, so why not.

However I distinctly recall that when Jo Cox was murdered, Boris's suggestion for the best way to honour her was to "get Brexit done".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

The Queen is going to give Southend the status of being a city in memory of Sir David Amess, announced by Johnson

Say what?

She’s clearly never been to Southend… 

it’s often described as a word that rhymes with city… 

BBC News

Liz Truss and Dominic Raab are to share the grace-and-favour Chevening House mansion, ending a row between them over who should have access to it.

The foreign secretary and deputy PM had been at loggerheads over the Grade 1-listed, 115-room country house in Kent since last month's cabinet reshuffle.

But Prime Minister Boris Johnson has decided they should both have use of it for personal and work use.

The building was gifted to the nation in the 1950s.

Since then, it has been up to the prime minister to decide who uses Chevening, with the foreign secretary the usual beneficiary.

Edited by blandy
link & quote fettling

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Say what?

Do you think it will stop Southend referring to its airport as London?

Thought not.

Looking at the proposed 'David's Law'.  I think it may make the title of this thread and a decent number of the posts on here against the law.  I'm a bit mixed on this one as I do think that the internet needs to be better regulated to prevent the spread of hate, violence and lies, but I don't trust the Tories to use it for anything much other than to silence critics.

Combine this proposal with the other little ditty Raab dropped the other day, when they get to overrule the courts if the Govt think the courts have got it wrong and we have another shift towards autocracy.

Edited by Straggler
Spelling
  • Like 2

Â