The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it’s not a nice place to live. Just an option if you want to be by the sea, but don’t care about your personal safety.

It’s also a hell of a commute to your summer job in Exmouth.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

The start of the end for these clowns, inflation will be running at 5% or even more by January. We're in a right mess and Boris is trying to bluff his way out of it . 

CON +3

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

The start of the end for these clowns, inflation will be running at 5% or even more by January. We're in a right mess and Boris is trying to bluff his way out of it . 

Boris is saying it’s not his job to sort it, he can’t even be arsed to try and bluff it.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

CON +3

The prices havent started to rise yet, when the impact of the energy shortage start to hit home you can stick a minus in front of the 3 and a 0 behind it. 

With gas at the price it is people will start to use electricity,  there isn't enough spare capacity to cover it......power cuts and or big price rises to stem the increased use are around the corner. 

Their incompetence over the last 10 years is coming home to roost. Question is who will fill the void because labour aren't fit for FA. Maybe another right of center party led by..........Farage? 

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

The start of the end for these clowns...

I have thought this about 10 times over the last couple of years. I have now resigned myself to the fact that we have enough numbskulls amongst us who will fall for Johnson still blaming for any woes the EU, remoaners, the Labour government of 11 years ago and even the Tory governments under Cameron and May.

Trouble is these bastards that voted for Brexit and the Tories won"t wake up and blame them as to do so would mean blaming themselves

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have thought this about 10 times over the last couple of years. I have now resigned myself to the fact that we have enough numbskulls amongst us who will fall for Johnson still blaming for any woes the EU, remoaners, the Labour government of 11 years ago and even the Tory governments under Cameron and May.

Trouble is these bastards that voted for Brexit and the Tories won"t wake up and blame them as to do so would mean blaming themselves

Not sure if your on fb  I'm not but my Mrs is and the comments on there tonight are showing a swing in attitude ( from the brexit crowd) mainly around food shopping costs. When people start to look at what this government has not being doing over their time in power then it will collapse.  Boris will run away from it all and leave it to some other.......idiot.

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Not sure if your on fb  I'm not but my Mrs is and the comments on there tonight are showing a swing in attitude ( from the brexit crowd) mainly around food shopping costs. When people start to look at what this government has not being doing over their time in power then it will collapse.  Boris will run away from it all and leave it to some other.......idiot.

I’ve noticed a general increase in criticism of the government from those that were vocally pro-Brexit.

• Like 1

Death of James Brokenshire means another by-election . . . this time in Old Bexley & Sidcup. Given that the seat has never not had a Tory MP, Labour only got close in '97 and '01 (losing by 3.5k in those years; every other year the margin from 10k - 19k), and that every ward within the seat is represented by a Tory councillor, it doesn't look like a very interesting by-election on the surface. You never know though!

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Death of James Brokenshire means another by-election . . . this time in Old Bexley & Sidcup. Given that the seat has never not had a Tory MP, Labour only got close in '97 and '01 (losing by 3.5k in those years; every other year the margin from 10k - 19k), and that every ward within the seat is represented by a Tory councillor, it doesn't look like a very interesting by-election on the surface. You never know though!

I think it'll be more interesting who they pick for it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve noticed a general increase in criticism of the government from those that were vocally pro-Brexit.

They won’t want to admit they were wrong. They will, I think, grasp the fact that they were lied to. That will enable them to absolve themselves of blame, and turn their ire on to Farage, Boris, Mogg etc.

• Like 1

Continuing the discussion around coastal towns where tourism is seasonal, doesn't go into the local economy and housing is largely lets or 2nd homes, I think the gradual but continuing use of tech to make commuting for the services industries redundant will sort a lot of that out. I will always work from home now and a lot of the IT industry is the same. So as soon the kids don't need to be based near to their current school I'll be doing my computer work overlooking a Cornish bay, buying a coffee from the local non chain cafe.

Hopefully the start of a collapse.

📊 According to a recent YouGov poll, 26% of UK adults think the Conservative party are strong. 35% said they are weak, while 25% said neither, and 14% didn’t know.

• Like 1

I hate how they keep going with the line 'the gas will not run out'.

Gas running out isn't the problem, it's people being able to afford it in the first place to heat their homes that is the problem

• Like 3

Â