The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

He's since deleted it (hence not linking the original), but I imagine that if any Labour MP had referred to "Anglo-Jewish relations" then it would have been taking as incontrovertible evidence that the party was an antisemitic shambles.

5fb55a8c2400007130b0481c.png?ops=scalefi

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Good to see they're focusing on the important stuff eh?

There is a change in government in the US and buying weapons off them is a tried and tested way to curry favour with a new administration. Sweden announced the same thing the other week. 

Sweden has announced a massive plan to boost its military forces.

It comes amid growing tensions with Russia, which Sweden accused several times in recent years of violating its airspace and waters.

The new investment, which is set to be rolled out between 2021 and 2025, will see a 40% increase in the country's military expenditure - the biggest since the 1950s.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/28/sweden-plans-massive-boost-to-military-budget-amid-growing-tension-with-russia

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

why the hell are we planning to spend more on defence when we probably should be cutting the annual spend seeing we have bigger problems at the moment! 

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Capital building project and given the locations of the large  shipbuilding industry in this country... Portsmouth, Birkenhead, Tyneside, Glasgow and Belfast. It is actually a little bit surprising.

Yes it's war and that, but it will secure a decent amount of skilled manufacturing jobs in areas that need the boost

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There's plenty of evidence, but I refuse to accept that this is a real person

2843.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

Can confirm real. He grabbed me and shouted "you be **** loyal!" when explaining what whips were like in an A-level politics class. I wish I'd known then what a word removed he is but alas I was a naive 16/17 year old.

53 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Rishi is splashing the cash like he has a magic money tree!

Funny you should say that.

The chancellor, Rishi Sunak, has refused to disclose whether he will profit from a surge in the share price of the Covid-19 vaccine manufacturer Moderna, one of the biggest investments held by the hedge fund he co-founded before entering parliament.

Moderna has become the latest biotech firm to announce successful trials of its vaccine, declaring on Monday that it was 94.5% effective in trials.

Sunak was a founding partner of Theleme Partners, a major investor in Moderna, and one of the executives managing its US office. He left the firm in 2013, returning to the UK to pursue his political career.

It is not known whether the chancellor retained any investment in the Theleme fund after leaving. Theleme is registered in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven which does not make company records public. Ordinarily, a partner in a hedge fund would own a stake in the management company and have money invested in its fund.

A year ago, Sunak declared in the list of ministers’ interests that he was the beneficiary of a blind trust. The contents of the trust have not been disclosed to the public.

Grauniad

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Can confirm real. He grabbed me and shouted "you be **** loyal!" when explaining what whips were like in an A-level politics class. I wish I'd known then what a word removed he is but alas I was a naive 16/17 year old.

I feel like there's more to this story . . . give us the full deets from beginning to end

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I feel like there's more to this story . . . give us the full deets from beginning to end

Ok, the full story, he came into the class, talked for a bit about being an MP, had me up for a demonstration, did the “you be **** loyal!” bit, talked a bit and then left.

Sorry.

Â