The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 hours ago, Xann said:

Hello!

Close, but not quite.

The silly Liberal bint should have gone for a deal with Labour not to contest the closely balanced constituencies.

She's worked that out herself now, I'm sure.

Labour refused. 
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50234641

30/10/2019 · Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has ruled out forming any electoral pacts with other parties. Speaking on a visit to a hospital in West Sussex, he …

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yes you are,Peter.

I am baffled as to how not thinking Tory voters are evil permits anything. Still, when you look at factory farming for example and see the treatment of animals, then anyone who isn’t vegan or vegetarian is supporting the evil farming industry, even free range chickens are polluting the rivers. So vegans would be right to consider you an evil person and deluded? And if that’s the case, by doing so they stop permitting what exactly?

I think it’s probably better not to think of other folk that way, but each to their own.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, blandy said:

Labour refused. 

You're remembering it wrong.

General election 2019: Jo Swinson insists there will be no deals with Labour

Published

13 November 2019

But Ms Swinson said she would not do Labour any favours as Jeremy Corbyn's party was "not a party of Remain" and was "trying to deliver Brexit".

BBC

She got stars in her eyes after the media blew smoke up her arse.

Plop the voters went into the trap laid.

Labour declared they would not do deals.

The Libs declared they would not do deals.

Plaid and The Greens unilaterally stood aside in the election here to try and make it a two horse race.

The Libs wouldn’t stand aside, making it a two and a half horse race.

Labour lost here by 2,550 votes.

The Libs got 3,250 votes.

They were as bad as each other.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

He isn't. She didn't "reject a deal with Labour" they both rejected a deal with each other.

A "deal" never existed for her to reject. Silly sods, the pair of them.

Read the articles. Her MPs approached her to make a deal. The darling of the papers refused.

Edited by Xann
Unnecessary language on my behalf

21 minutes ago, Xann said:

You're remembering it wrong.

BBC

She got stars in her eyes after the media blew smoke up her arse.

Plop the voters went into the trap laid.

So 2 weeks after corbyn refused, Swindon refused, too.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They were as bad as each other.

Almost, at least the LDs did stand aside in some seats and do deals, but it’s by the by I suppose, what with them having having vanished up their own fundament.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

So 2 weeks after corbyn refused, Swindon refused, too.

November 6th

At a major Brexit speech today he was specifically asked about whether he would revoke Article 50 as the price of forming a coalition with the Lib Dems - or whether he would rule it out.

But he refused to answer the question and dodged it completely.

He said: "All I can say is, we are campaigning to win this election with a majority Labour Government.

"We are not campaigning to form a coalition with anybody, we are campaigning to go into office to carry out our manifesto."

Lib Dem boss Jo Swinson today ruled out going into Government with Labour at her own campaign launch.

Sun and others

A couple of days later Farage and Boris were spotted plotting, where it was probably decided Farage would betray UKIP to land the Traitors' Brexit.

Alarm bells should have been ringing, but she'd made her bed

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

Sun and others

A couple of days later Farage and Boris were spotted plotting, where it was probably decided Farage would betray UKIP to land the Traitors' Brexit.

So one week after Corbyn refused, Swinson did too.

They're all as bad as each other. 

42 minutes ago, Xann said:

Sun and others

30/10/2019 · Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has ruled out forming any electoral pacts with other parties. 

13 hours ago, blandy said:

rowing over Corbyn

If Corbyn was the problem holding Labour back before, now he's out of the party surely Labour should have a boost?

I wonder the same about the narrative that Labour were unelectable due to Corbyn. The thinking was that as soon as he was replaced all of those voters would flock back to Labour. But it never happened. The polls under Starmer still haven't reached the levels that Labour managed under Corbyn.

Could it be that Labour's problem was never actually Corbyn? Or that the people who voted Labour because of Corbyn was roughly equal to the amount of people who wouldn't vote Labour because of him?

34 minutes ago, darrenm said:

If Corbyn was the problem holding Labour back before, now he's out of the party surely Labour should have a boost?

They've had a massive boost, Labour aren't even close to being in double digit defecit territory

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I wonder the same about the narrative that Labour were unelectable due to Corbyn. The thinking was that as soon as he was replaced all of those voters would flock back to Labour. But it never happened. The polls under Starmer still haven't reached the levels that Labour managed under Corbyn.

Could it be that Labour's problem was never actually Corbyn? Or that the people who voted Labour because of Corbyn was roughly equal to the amount of people who wouldn't vote Labour because of him?

Labour has had a boost.  In the last week or so the scale of that boost has fallen back a little, as a consequence of "divided party" I'd wager.

You'd maybe expect me to say this, but Corbyn's leadership was absolutely a problem for labour. Sure a chunk of people felt inspired by the promise of "a different kind of politics", which boosted his earlier approval ratings and popularity etc.  I'm not sure that has lasted, nor that the promise ever materialised. My personal take is that it was never going to, because I don't think people's Hope's and Corbyn's actual characteristics really matched up. A stubborn, prickly, thin skinned, 1970s throwback, with an affiliation for notions of anti western outlooks didn't ever look like the bringer of a new politics to me. He looked like a marmite, divisive character likely to bring about division and forment.

Anyways, as this is nominally the baby eaters thread, Boooo.

Â