The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha - Lee Cain, Johnson's Director of Communications has quit, just as he was about to be promoted to Chief of Staff. The Mekon is said to be rather unhappy.

"I quit. And I'm taking Dunning and Kruger with me"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that written in code?

Why has she spent all day tweeting about this inside baseball shit that no normal person cares about? There's actual stuff happening in the world . . .

It's pretty much all she's got. She's a client journalist.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that written in code?

Why has she spent all day tweeting about this inside baseball shit that no normal person cares about? There's actual stuff happening in the world . . .

I thought it was Dr T for a second.

Cummings + Frost - Sonic - Brexiteer brain + policy official = not confirmed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Damn right. Parliament needs to get the important stuff sorted.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As best as I can follow this deeply uninteresting story that Kuenssberg has spent 24 hours tweeting about, a guy has quit Number 10. Apparently this guy was quite important, but nobody normal knows who he is, because Westminster journalists simply credited him as a 'source close to the government' every time they put his bullshit out, and now they've forgotten that they never told anyone who he was and are breathlessly explaining why it matters.

Kind of sums up a lot that's wrong with politics in this country, to be fair.

I think the most significant and worrying part of this story (and other similar stories) is the apparent influence that Carrie Symonds has over Johnson (re: appointments, policies and other decisions).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think the most significant and worrying part of this story (and other similar stories) is the apparent influence that Carrie Symonds has over Johnson (re: appointments, policies and other decisions).

The whole story is about people who have never been elected, and it is considered absolutely obvious by political journalists - to a 'duhhh, of course' level - that they are more powerful and important than ministers, and that there's nothing remarkable or interesting about that.

Is it bad that our chief Brexit negotiator was apparently close to quitting because he didn't like that someone unknown got fired, only a month before the end of the transition period? Who's to say I guess, more interesting to get involved in the soap opera.

Â