The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They sink lower and lower. It isn't about sides or your party, it's just basic **** decency.

Guess the problem is that when the guy in charge is someone without morality or the basic concept of decency then he's going to find it pretty tricky to judge it in others.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Guess the problem is that when the guy in charge is someone without morality or the basic concept of decency then he's going to find it pretty tricky to judge it in others.

'The guy in charge', amongst other things, gave the address of a journalist to a thug who planned to 'crack his ribs', though for some reason that is never mentioned these days.

Of course it's not just about morality, there's political positioning at play too, and being accused of bullying probably helps Patel in as much as she is attempting to build a profile as a hard-authoritarian Home Secretary. In that context, she will pass this off as her subordinates being too lily-livered to deliver the public's far-right demands that, she, Patel, is the embodiment and avatar of.

The fact that that narrative is all complete shite won't affect it's chances of coming to be seen as the truth.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's always a tweet.

It’s because they are self righteous when it comes to others being wrong. They aren’t racist, they aren’t nasty, they - especially Gove, call people out constantly and yet their own party is worse.

Having read the advice, I'm not sure I really see the fuss, but we don't necessarily have all of the relevant information.,

The evidence is that this has manifested itself in forceful expression, including some occasions of shouting and swearing. This may not be done intentionally to cause upset, but that has been the effect on some individuals.

The devil is in the detail. A bit of isolated shouting and swearing isn't unheard of. It's not the most professional behaviour. Is it bullying? I think it very much depends on the frequency and direction.

Followed by:

There is no evidence that she was aware of the impact of her behaviour, and no feedback was given to her at the time. The high pressure and demands of the role, in the Home Office, coupled with the need for more supportive leadership from top of the department has clearly been a contributory factor. In particular, I note the finding of different and more positive behaviour since these issues were raised with her.

So there was a bit of bad language, she raised her voice. Nobody said anything. there have been no repeats of that behaviour since the issue was raised.

I don't like Patel, I don't like Johnson, but based on that, I really don't see a problem with considering that the issue was raised and has been dealt with. It'd be "final warning" time if it were my decision about one of my staff. It's dealt with, but a single repeat of that and they'd be out on their arse.

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Boris just making himself more and more unelectable by the day. That witch patel should have been sacked as soon ss this came out.

I doubt he'll ever be up for election again - the point is, rob the country blind, then get out and hand it over to someone else who gets a couple of years to charm the electorate into thinking the Tories are the sensible option again. Boris doesn't give a fig about what we think of him now, as soon as he's got his money out he'll be gone.

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I’d sack her 

MP’s generally have a privileged situation because when they are found to have done something sackable they are allowed to resign instead (or in the instance of expenses fraud, just give the money back). 
As I quoted before this is the first instance ever of an MP being found to have broken the rules and has not resigned or been sacked. 
Has she even been subjected to any kind of disciplinary action? 

This feels like Cummings#2, the PM backs a bad horse and then eventually caves in. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Boris doesn't give a fig about what we think of him now,

I dunno - he strikes me as someone who craves people liking him, all the time. He seems to have an urge to want to be popular and liked. I think he cares enormously what "we" think of him. At least whenever he thinks about it, he does. It's fundamentally why he's all over the place on everything, the conflict between wanting different things all the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I dunno - he strikes me as someone who craves people liking him, all the time. He seems to have an urge to want to be popular and liked. I think he cares enormously what "we" think of him. At least whenever he thinks about it, he does. It's fundamentally why he's all over the place on everything, the conflict between wanting different things all the time.

Yeah, you're probably right thinking about it - I guess it's possible that he both doesn't care about us as an electorate, but still wants to be the bloke everyone likes.

• Like 1

Â