The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

First Prime Minister in history to lose their first three HoC votes.

At least he has his place in history like he always wanted. So maybe now he's got that he can shuffle off to well-deserved obscurity.

Edited by ml1dch

Just now, ml1dch said:

At least he has his place in history like he always wanted. So maybe now he's got that he can **** off.

Nah, he's got loads more 'specials' in him yet. Get the popcorn. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

At least he has his place in history like he always wanted. So maybe now he's got that he can shuffle off to well-deserved obscurity.

How good would it be if he was the only PM in history to never win a vote. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Xann said:

Fair enough. Though conspiracy doesn't seem to be a cornerstone of the Lab/Lib argument against No Deal Brexit.

Agreed - the established Westminster types (for all their faults) aren't easily sucked into that line of thinking. But I think people like Carole Cadwalladr and the #FBPE people on Twitter have gone too far down the conspiracy rabbit hole, and it is reflected in some mainstream reporting of the situation, e.g. the Great Hack on Netflix, or the comedy panel shows on BBC and C4. It crops up often enough to bother me, anyway. I think it plays into the hands of the alt-right / anti-liberal movement. Never let your argument be "my opponent is an evil word removed", even if it's true. It never works.

The Clown doesn't look like he's enjoying reality much.

He thrived on his jovial public appearances.

Now he'll have to keep a tighter lid on public interaction than May, which will be a challenge in itself.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone thinking No Deal and a partnership with Demonic Cummings is a good idea should surely be alarmed by the intelligent Johnson bailing out.

Predictable that Johnson would run out of friends - Not predictable that it would happen this quickly.

Still think he has enough rich and influential mates to see him home in a general election. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

so the knives are out for Dominic Cummings - and the rebels may not be booted out after all.

Is this the 1922 Committee from last night or the night before? (I forget when, time moves fast politically right now)

Julian Smith 'not consulted' about Parliament suspension

The Northern Ireland Secretary Julian Smith has admitted he was not consulted about the plan to suspend Parliament, before ministers were told at cabinet.

He was responding to a question from Labour about the impact of prorogation on NI.

Some MPs have expressed concern because of the lack of devolution at Stormont.

Mr Smith said if power-sharing talks did not succeed before Brexit, direct powers would need to be implemented "at pace".

...rest of article on link

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is this the 1922 Committee from last night or the night before? (I forget when, time moves fast politically right now)

Not sure - it was an article in the daily mail.  (Which must be a record timescale for the DM to fall out with a Tory PM) 

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure - it was an article in the daily mail.  (Which must be a record timescale for the DM to fall out with a Tory PM) 

It reflects comments made by Roger Gale about the inappropriateness of having a foul-mouthed git at the heart of government, and some comments by an MP whose name I didn't catch about the role of advisers being to advise; she practically spat Cummings's name.

Â