The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Surely there should be a Panorama scheduled soon showing extremism and in fighting within the tory party?

They don't need to relegate it to an hour long current affairs niche programme  - it's on the News and in all the papers every day!

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Mogg is a **** word removed

That is all.

Absolutely.

An utter disgrace of a man.

The mask is falling, though - you've really got to be rowing in with his whole world view to continue to be of the (obviously) mistaken opinion that he was ever a polite gentleman.

He was only ever the type of prick that most people rarely encounter in adulthood - they normally get left behind in a public school dormitory (normally by the person themselves).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Absolutely.

An utter disgrace of a man.

The mask is falling, though - you've really got to be rowing in with his whole world view to continue to be of the (obviously) mistaken opinion that he was ever a polite gentleman.

He was only ever the type of prick that most people rarely encounter in adulthood - they normally get left behind in a public school dormitory (normally by the person themselves).

Yep. The closer we get to no deal, the more we see the real version of the word removed. He's desperate for it, he can smell the money.

The worst thing though, is the lack of clear responses.

Some gammon just said that parliament explicity delegated the decision in the referendum to the people - but didnt the act specifically state it was advisory? 

Why are they not pushing back on the obvious lies and keep asking when prorogation was discussed that is easy for him to bat away

59 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The question isn't whether he's trying to profit from it (no doubt he is), it's whether that is his principal motivation.

I suspect in Mogg's case there are a whole load of cultural motivations at play here - preservation of the traditional English class hierarchy, protection of Christianity and its influence over British culture, a reflexive dislike of continental Europeans, a desire to be more closely aligned with the "White Commonwealth", a return to Victorian values, traditional education standards, a world of nation-states, etc. It might not be altruistic but it's probably sincere. Of course it helps that he and his family sit in a privileged position in that order, but that's not quite the same as saying that he's after "the angle, the edge".

People are getting too carried away with the idea that everyone has a hidden agenda. Some people are just openly ignorant, selfish words removed, and should be respected for that at face value. No need to dig deeper for an ulterior motive. It usually credits them with too much devious genius.

But the question really is whether he’s trying to personally profit. It won’t simply be a happy side hustle. There is simply no way he’d be up for this if he thought it diminished him personally when measured against others. Status and position are everything, and money buys that.

His other motivations I’m a bit less interested in. But I’d question whether a catholic is leaving the EU to protect Christian influence over British culture.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Mogg speaking here makes my blood boil. The worst kind of smug toff getting off on the smell of his own smeg, delighted at the horseshit he's peddling.

He's a **** word removed.

Complete arsehole

Different topic, usually when a Tory is in the dispatch box, the front bench are rabid; laughing and joking in their support.

**** look at them all. Stone-faced and shitting themselves.

I'm glad they're uncomfortable. Autocratic dickheads.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The worst kind of smug toff getting off on the smell of his own smeg, delighted at the horseshit he's peddling.

Indeed. Public schools were (and probably still are) littered with this type of idiot (but as per my above post - most of them worked out that it wasn't a good look outside of school).

They're the reason I could never vote for a Tory (however reasonable, decent and intelligent they may be) in that they'll always give succour to this kind of git.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

Can't only be me that gets pissed off at the toady MPs that stand up to drop government lines and tickle cabinet balls. You can always count on Vicky Ford to swallow what the government wants and regurgitate it, probably in the hope they throw her some scraps from the table of power.

Â