The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, bickster said:

Should the VT How long Will Boris Last Sweepstake have units of days, months or years?

I really hope it’s days. Would be so lovely. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes he was, he spunked money on vanity crap like a dung beetle is a shit shop

Not exactly a shock a politician spunks money. He wasnt that bad a mayor at all. Now Khan on the other hand one of the worst mayors we have had. 

That guy spunks bloody money and stings us Londoners.

Trump was right about him being a stone cold loser and I don't like trump

Here's a hypothetical question. The Prime Minister forms a government at the behest of the Queen, is she within her rights (for want of a better term) to ask the incoming Prime Minister to prove he has the confidence of parliament before she asks him to form a government?

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's a hypothetical question. The Prime Minister forms a government at the behest of the Queen, is she within her rights (for want of a better term) to ask the incoming Prime Minister to prove he has the confidence of parliament before she asks him to form a government?

I do wonder about how much power she has. She must have political advisors too. I'd love her to question it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It won't happen, but I would love it if HRH finally decided to wield a bit of her theoretical consitutional power. Go on, Liz, do it. 

It would be incredible. Or Charlie boy is with her when Boris arrives and puts it to him bluntly, gives him a bit of a grilling before QE2 gives it the ok.

Charlie: Ok Boris, I don't want the bullshit now. How are you going to succeed with Brexit where TM failed? I want specifics.

Edited by Genie

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think there has been much musing on 'constitutional twitter' (and blogs beyond) about the subject.

I'd have thought that she is obliged to follow the advice of her outgoing PM - so if May suggests that Johnson is best placed to command the support of the house then she should follow convention and ask him to form a government.

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think there has been much musing on 'constitutional twitter' (and blogs beyond) about the subject.

I'd have thought that she is obliged to follow the advice of her outgoing PM - so if May suggests that Johnson is best placed to command the support of the house then she should follow convention and ask him to form a government.

What if Treeesah says to the Queen... I don't think he can do it you know... :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â