The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

D_9EDFMUcAAYkVY?format=jpg&name=small

What a load of bunkum. Diplomats aren't impartial, they are biased and loyal towards their home government.

Also, this 19 year kid is just another Grimes. Take the fall. Sickening.

Except it turns out he's not a journalist at all!  Shock!

He's ACTUALLY Head of Digital for the Brexit Party.  Imagine that!

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's ACTUALLY Head of Digital for the Brexit Party.  Imagine that!

Not only that, but the story the tweet links doesn't remotely add up.

He claims he got the information when " a trusted source read out to me an astonishing letter written by Sir Kim in June 2017 to Sir Mark Sedwill".

That doesn't tally with "I challenge anyone to show how the publication of these cables and memos...".

So he's a teenage Brexit party digital website fettler, not a journalist. and he got a whole bunch of cables and memos when someone read a letter out to him.

Chinny reckon.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blandy said:

He claims he got the information when " a trusted source read out to me an astonishing letter written by Sir Kim in June 2017 to Sir Mark Sedwill".

That doesn't tally with "I challenge anyone to show how the publication of these cables and memos...".

So he's a teenage Brexit party digital website fettler, not a journalist. and he got a whole bunch of cables and memos when someone read a letter out to him.

Chinny reckon.

I'd also say that was a blatant attempt at perverting the course of justice

42 minutes ago, blandy said:

Chinny reckon.

Seems like the Tufton Street grooming gang have been at it again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I detest how they call this a scoop.

Their story is basically 'Diplomat tells truth in candid message to home government'

Saw a great point made about their argument that diplomats should be impartial.

Should the theoretical diplomat to North Korea just state how Kim is a great lad?

Tory MP Charlie Elphicke charged with sexual assault

'The Conservative MP Charlie Elphicke has been charged with three counts of sexual assault relating to two women, prosecutors have said.

The MP for Dover and Deal is alleged to have committed the first offence in 2007 against one complainant and two further offences against a second complaint in 2016, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.

He will appear at Westminster magistrates court on 6 September.

Elphicke, 49, was suspended from the Conservative party in November 2017 after allegations made against him were referred to the police.

But on 12 December last year, the MP had the Conservative whip reinstated ahead of a confidence vote in Theresa May.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/22/tory-mp-charlie-elphicke-charged-with-sexual-assault

Another potential threat to their majority of three. 

On 24/06/2019 at 15:08, bickster said:

So the Tory solution to having Chris Davies recalled by petition in Brecon and Radnor is to get Chris Davies to be the candidate again in the seat. There are 10.005 of his constituents that actively signed his petition for him to be removed from the seat. I'm presuming they gave up collecting signatures when the threshold was reached.

The turnout is usually about 40k

Last time he had a majority of 8k (20k Con vs 12k LD vs 9k Others) - there are only 55k registered voters in the constituency

It's like they don't actually want to win the seat, an utterly bizarre decision

EDIT: So 10k actively don't want him, 15k usually don't vote that leaves 30k (just over half) of the registered voters to target and  at least a further 10k of which didn't vote for him last time). Thats a tough ask especially in the current state of the party in the polls

Drove through Brecon and Radnorshire today.

Counted around 20 Chris Davies signs to 17 Lib Dem signs. Although about 12 Tory ones were in the same field. No other signs at all.

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Drove through Brecon and Radnorshire today.

Counted around 20 Chris Davies signs to 17 Lib Dem signs. Although about 12 Tory ones were in the same field. No other signs at all.

I'll update you on Thursday and Saturday. I'll be doing the constituency from one end to the other both days. Did you go past here (Bronllys) the field atr that junction will have more than 20 LibDem posters in the fields on its own

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

defacto confidence vote in Johnson before he's even in number 10...tabled by a tory MP who was in the cabinet only hours before..

You'd like to think they've done the maths beforehand

But then you remember it's the Tories

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'd like to think they've done the maths beforehand

But then you remember it's the Tories

I'm not sure. I'd struggle to believe that Johnson could command anything like a majority.

I think he'll be announcing a GE within a week, maybe a fortnight.

29 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

EAFegpZXoAEOrF5.jpg

defacto confidence vote in Johnson before he's even in number 10...tabled by a tory MP who was in the cabinet only hours before...

Amazing times we live in.

Rejected by Bercow. 

But useful to know that there's another vote in the Commons to get rid of that disgrace sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I'm not sure. I'd struggle to believe that Johnson could command anything like a majority.

I think he'll be announcing a GE within a week, maybe a fortnight.

I do think a GE will be sooner rather than later, it's the only way the dangerous unfunny clown can get what he wants. He'll also not achieve his aim and we'll be left with a minority government of some description. I'm not sure it will be as soon as that though because he'll know he's on dodgy ground calling one and his dream will be over, he has a good few dead ends to navigate before he'll go down that road

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

a GE will be sooner rather than later, it's the only way the dangerous unfunny clown can get what he wants

As you say, he won't get what he wants and he'll not achieve his aim, but he'd be utterly mad to call one, because that's him out of his job, so I don't see it being a choice thing for him. If we assume he wins leader of baby eaters vote, then he will then lose any baby eating majority, due to one or two tories resigning their baby eating cards. So leader of a minority Gov't. But that's still for him better than not being in government.

He's going to be stuck by his promise to leave whatever way by end October. On paper there's the option for the EU to not agree to extend things further, and for the UK to therefore leave with no deal at end October. But, because there's no will in parliament on those lines, quite the opposite, AND because the UK is not and will not be remotely prepared for "no deal", because (away from all the bollex being talked) the reality is the outcome of that would be utterly catastrophic, neither Johnson nor parliament will accept that option. There would, I suspect, be a last minute effort which would either mean accepting the WA as it is, or a referendum, or revoking A50 or an election. If you look at those options from a Johnson perspective, then the current version of the deal is the least unpalatable. Yes I know it has 3 times failed to go through, but faced with implacable powerful opposition to no deal, to revoking A50 and probably for a referendum, that looks right now the least unlikely outcome - he'll be trying to get some tweaked wording around it, the EU will probably let that happen and if that goes through, then maybe if the baby eaters get a lift in the polls and Labour are still an absolute shambles (which they will be unless they change leader), there might then be an election. The tories will still lose it, mind. Another hung parliament, but with more smaller parties representation.

Â