The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It’s not just government that are self serving arseholes.

I find it across all forms of management now, where their (management) emphasis is on personal gain and not the job/role they’re employed to do.

as a society we are becoming very selfish, insular and fairly superficial  (unless we jump on some moral high-grounded social media hashtag bandwagon)

its no surprise politicians are the same. 

• Like 4

On 10/07/2019 at 23:46, chrisp65 said:

and of course, you are famous across VT for your diplomacy

Going back to this, I've just realised why I like Lee Scratch Perry. We are namesakes :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Mrs May is spending her last few days in office trying to construct something she can call a "legacy" (other than the mountain of shite she has left us with, obvs).

Fittingly, she has created a small unit to observe social injustice, but not do anything about it.

That just about sums her up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, peterms said:

Mrs May is spending her last few days in office trying to construct something she can call a "legacy" (other than the mountain of shite she has left us with, obvs).

Fittingly, she has created a small unit to observe social injustice, but not do anything about it.

That just about sums her up.

I just think it's a pity she didn't have say, three years to get around to doing all this stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/07/2019 at 16:27, Xann said:

There's some interesting pics of her with some quite loathsome types.

66648602_2855002377874791_637032920892047360_n.jpg

Well, it turns out that she's in a relationship with Richard Tice which she claims is 'common knowledge' and has no bearing on her article(s) whatsoever. I don't remember Newsnight mentioning this when they invited Tice on to give his thoughts on Darroch and what should happen, though.

• Like 1

c/o Popbitch weekly email:

This time next week, it is highly likely that Boris Johnson will be Prime Minister of the UK – even after his prediction that nobody would ever "elect a prat who gets stuck on a zipwire".

One of our readers went on that same zipwire the day after that little photo opportunity. In the course of making small talk while she was being fastened into her harness, our reader made a passing joke to the two operators that she hoped she wouldn’t get stuck like Boris had – which caused the operators to roll their eyes.

They then explained that if Johnson really had got 'accidentally' stuck, then they would have had to shut the ride down immediately as it wouldn't have been safe. Confused, she asked why it had happened if it wasn't an accident, and they told her "because he asked us to do it".

She didn't get a chance to ask if it was Boris or someone from Boris's team who made the request before her descent – but she made it down the line without getting left to dangle. As did everybody else that day.

• Like 2

Â