The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The Queen could reject the new PM on the basis they did not command the confidence of the House, but it's very much a paper power never to actually be used outside of expected protocol. And without that the Queen has basically perfected the art of staying out of the political realm (which is why it was widely reported she didn't like being drawn into political matters even slightly in recent years by May, for instance), she would never step in at this point despite having the ability to. It's for the political sphere to fix.

18 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Didn't you suggest people should listen to Tommy, recently?

Khan is Mayor during one of the BIGGEST funding cuts to Police, Fire, and more. Boris wasted money on protestor hoses and plans for a shitty garden bridge. Sort your head, mate. Honestly.

When have I ever said that? Stop talking crap and making things up

As for Khan you clearly don't live in London as your defending him for being absolutely useless and incompetent 

Edited by Demitri_C

_104759123_laurakuenssberg-nc.png

Boris Johnson will become our next prime minister.

A sentence that might thrill you. A sentence that might horrify you. A sentence that 12 months ago even his most die hard fans would have found hard to believe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49084605

On 09/07/2018 at 15:46, VILLAMARV said:
  Hide contents

200w.gif

If it's anyone else I'll be absolutely stunned.

th?id=OIP.NAQHXZVbDrDk9qxgzOGoIwAAAA%26p

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d370b246e724a5663

and breathe.

(Sorry VT, had to get that out the system)

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It won't happen, but I would love it if HRH finally decided to wield a bit of her theoretical consitutional power. Go on, Liz, do it. 

The Palace is sorry to announce that during the tradtional "signing in a new prime minister cermony", her britanic majesty momentarily lost her steadiness of hand, and the ceremonial sword regretably cut the throat of Mr Johnson (deceased) causing significant loss of blood and a mild case of decapitation.

Please be assured that no lasting damage has been done to the Palace carpets and fittings and it's nothing a good mopping up shouldn't rectify.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As for Khan you clearly don't live in London as your defending him for being absolutely useless and incompetent 

Give some specific examples of the things Khan has done that's so awful.

Give some specific examples of why Boris Johnson did a good job.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Firstly do you live in London? 

A few examples

Boris came and met communities with the youth issues we were having I'm London. 

He didn't encourage councils to increase council tax again to their maximum which he Khan has again this year - oh I might add encouraged them to cut their services also. So charge more and do less work.

Done absolutely nothing to address crime in London. All he does is moan that the cuts. Well if you can't find to work with your resources quit and let someone else get on with the job.

Boris also did the tube 24 hrs that helped and banned alcohol on the tube. 

Khan promised he wouldn't put fares up for trains then a week after being elected he did and the London underground service is worse than ever despite u paying more than ever.

So tell me why Khan is doing such a great job?

Also to add Boris worked tirelessly during the Olympics promoting our city.  

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you stop calling him Khan please 😃

image.jpeg.c81350f92b9e7a46fe961aee40ba2bda.jpeg image.jpeg.4ca72203862aec7944c75d7023830310.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tommy: I thought you had said his "protest" video against the BBC was worth watching, apologies if wrong.

As for London, I have worked there (commuting) and have work colleagues there - people I work with regularly. I've heard stories from families who live in different areas of London, less police on the streets compared to the past two years. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The queen's primary motivation is to preserve the monarchy. 

She has power for as long as she continues not to use it. 

Parliment is much the same TBH.  

Its all OK so long as they don't threaten the aristocracy.  

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Firstly do you live in London? 

Why is that relevant?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A few examples

Boris came and met communities with the youth issues we were having I'm London. 

He didn't encourage councils to increase council tax again to their maximum which he Khan has again this year - oh I might add encouraged them to cut their services also. So charge more and do less work.

Done absolutely nothing to address crime in London. All he does is moan that the cuts. Well if you can't find to work with your resources quit and let someone else get on with the job.

Boris also did the tube 24 hrs that helped and banned alcohol on the tube. 

Khan promised he wouldn't put fares up for trains then a week after being elected he did and the London underground service is worse than ever despite u paying more than ever.

I don't live in, nor have I ever, lived in London so I can't comment. Perhaps someone else can respond to these?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So tell me why Khan is doing such a great job?

I didn't say he is.

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

What if Treeesah says to the Queen... I don't think he can do it you know... :crylaugh:

Maybe it will be like when Tommy gets made in Goodfellas ?  He just never comes back from the palace and we all just carry on.

Change of topic, but I've seen this message of 'YES Finally we have a Brexiteer in charge!!!'

What do Leavers say when he has exactly the same problems as Theresa May had?

'He wasn't a Brexiteer at all!'

'Remain civil service'

'PARLIAMENT!!!'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blandy said:

If that's true, it'll almost immediately change once he actually gets the job and people start saying no to him, or resigning, or voting against, I reckon. He's like Trump in that regard - he needs to be approved of, and if (when) he isn't he'll go all cranky and moody.

When he's faced with "if you do X the army will be on the streets, farmers will be going bust, the big carmakers start pulling out..endless streams of dreadful news..."Boris, that's your legacy - the man who wrecked the UK, who took us out the EU and brought utter turmoil and recession and job losses and riots and the return of terror to NI and queues at the ports and strikes and ..." He'll blink, more than blink, because he doesn't actually believe in all this Brexit stuff, he just did it to get the job of PM. He won't have a clue what to do with it.

Boris will play the immigration race\card to greater extent or more effectively than May. Tories will get a majority at the next election. 

Only way it doesn't happen is if a constitutional crisis thrusts an election on him before he is ready - even then I would see them being the largest party or pretty close to it. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why do you think councils across the country are having to do this? 

It's almost entirely due to central government funding cuts, that citizens are having to make up in increased council tax. Government cuts made by the party now lead by the clown you're such a fervent supporter of. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Change of topic, but I've seen this message of 'YES Finally we have a Brexiteer in charge!!!'

What do Leavers say when he has exactly the same problems as Theresa May had?

'He wasn't a Brexiteer at all!'

'Remain civil service'

'PARLIAMENT!!!'

This is why I think Boris becoming PM will almost be a good thing as far as Brexit is concerned. It's going to show that the dude was absolutely full of shit with all the nonsense he spoke which people believed during the build-up to the referendum. It's going to be a hilarious train-wreck. 

Edited by PieFacE

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well if you can't find to work with your resources quit and let someone else get on with the job.

Yet all politicians spunk money?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This is why I think Boris becoming PM will almost be a good thing as far as Brexit is concerned. It's going to show that the dude was absolutely full of shit with all the nonsense he spoke which people believed during the build-up to the referendum. It's going to be a hilarious train-wreck. 

That would be great. Unfortunately though, if someone were the sort of person to believe it all from the beginning they'll have no problem swallowing the imminent narrative of "horrible, intransigent EU, desperate to punish poor Blighty for having the temerity to forge it's own way as an independent nation, freed from the shackles that the bureaucrats of Brussels (continues overleaf)..."

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

Â