The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I wonder if there are any close friends of the owner of the Standard, with a background in journalism who might soon find themselves with a load more free time, and might be interested in a bully pulpit to chuck stones at those who he feels have wronged him...

PMQs was so frustrating. What's the point of it?

Boris is never even close to answering a question. **** winds me up.

"Can the Prime Minister tell me what 2 plus 2 equals?"

"BREXIT VACCINES G7 UNEMPLOYMENT LABOUR WOULD BE WORSE!"

Jesus wept. Prime Minister Truss vs. Prime Minister Sunak. 

The upcoming runoff will be like a mugger giving you the choice of which of your eyes will be stabbed out with a potato peeler. 

Prime Minister f**king Truss. FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So after all of that the 2 front runners from the beginning have got through. It is hardly a massive endorsement though- Sunak hasn't even got 150 of the MP's to back him and Truss started slowly only to pick up all the throbber votes once Braverman and Badenoch lost. Obviously either of them would be a terrible PM. 

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Mordaunt  105    (92)
Sunak   137  (118)
Truss   113  (86)

(previous round in brackets)

Truss vs Sunak 

Out if thw three id have taken mordaunt.

But **** me between a greasy car salesman and thatcher mark 2, its like choosing between drinking rat poison or anti freeze

Sunak has got less than 40% of his own MP's wanting to vote for him. The final round for voting in 2019 saw over 50% going for Johnson, and over 60% for May in 2016. 

Which shows he has even less command of the parliamentary party than the current and last leader who were both thrown out by the party.  I will give him or Truss no more than 2 years.

How the F did Sunak get 19 and Mordaunt 13 of Badenoch's votes?

That's 32 of 59 MPs that weren't voting along policy lines or didn't understand the policy lines they were voting for.

You'd really expect better consistency on policy from elected representatives. That really is quite shocking

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Out if thw three id have taken mordaunt.

But **** me between a greasy car salesman and thatcher mark 2, its like choosing between drinking rat poison or anti freeze

To be fair drinking anti freeze will be a Truss energy saving suggestion for the coming winter.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

How the F did Sunak get 19 and Mordaunt 13 of Badenoch's votes?

That's 32 of 59 MPs that weren't voting along policy lines or didn't understand the policy lines they were voting for.

You'd really expect better consistency on policy from elected representatives. That really is quite shocking

Your mistake there is assuming anything about this vote is based on policy. For these MPs it's only about who will improve my career prospects. That's why Boris lasted so long.

• Like 2

My fear is that Rishi gets the gig and does a broadly competent job reducing the prospect of an election collapse.

My fear is that Truss gets the gig and does as badly for the country as we all expect leading to election defeat and Labour being handed the skip fire to sort out.

• Like 1

Â