The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I just don't know what the spell is that Truss has over tory party members - the ones I know have been touting her for a while, but there literally cannot be a worse candidate to charm the general public at an election, I mean she can't string a sentence together. So I get that she's Thatchers heir, in that she's a right wing Representative for Wellingborough who's not male, but she is arguably less relatable than the Maybot, less skilled at getting what they want than Bozza, and less intelligent than any previous PM to date. They just want to shag Thatcher on a union jack bedspread while the world literally burns, don't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I just don't know what the spell is that Truss has over tory party members - the ones I know have been touting her for a while, but there literally cannot be a worse candidate to charm the general public at an election, I mean she can't string a sentence together. So I get that she's Thatchers heir, in that she's a right wing Representative for Wellingborough who's not male, but she is arguably less relatable than the Maybot, less skilled at getting what they want than Bozza, and less intelligent than any previous PM to date. They just want to shag Thatcher on a union jack bedspread while the world literally burns, don't they?

This is a thought I have had myself.  The Tories simply want to shag a cosplay Thatcher.  At least enough of them do to make it a viable strategy as part of a bid to be the next PM.  The funnier thing is that the Thatcher fantasists are the hardcore Brexiteers and there is no way in hell she would ever have held a referendum on our membership of the EU.  She would probably have campaigned to remain in the event of one.  She was a Eurosceptic in that she didn't like the idea of a federal Europe, but no way she would have allowed that to trump the benefit of free trade and no way she would give up all her influence inside the EU in exchange for the somewhat dubious benefits of being outside.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

This is a thought I have had myself.  The Tories simply want to shag a cosplay Thatcher.  At least enough of them do to make it a viable strategy as part of a bid to be the next PM.  The funnier thing is that the Thatcher fantasists are the hardcore Brexiteers and there is no way in hell she would ever have held a referendum on our membership of the EU.  She would probably have campaigned to remain in the event of one.  She was a Eurosceptic in that she didn't like the idea of a federal Europe, but no way she would have allowed that to trump the benefit of free trade and no way she would give up all her influence inside the EU in exchange for the somewhat dubious benefits of being outside.

Used to be a lib dem as well, with a large chest - it's all the elements your average gammon needs to get it up and out

• Haha 1

ERG think they can control Truss, that’s all. She will parrot their words (as shown over the past year as she mimics them in a bid for power). Once on show for the general public, she will fall apart. 

• Like 1

Good approach from Starmer today, just using direct quotes from Leadership contenders talking down the Tories record over the last 12 years.

Obviously Johnson didn't answer a single question, but did call Keir a giant human bollard 🤷‍♂️

The speaker is a **** disgrace.

Firstly Kim Leadbetter's question was bellowed over by the opposite bench and he did nothing.  Even Johnson admitted to not hearing the question.

Then, there were screams of "liar" at Ian Blackford from the Tory benches.  You only have to hint at that word towards proven liar Johnson and you get kicked out of the house.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The speaker is a **** disgrace.

Firstly Kim Leadbetter's question was bellowed over by the opposite bench and he did nothing.  Even Johnson admitted to not hearing the question.

Then, there were screams of "liar" at Ian Blackford from the Tory benches.  You only have to hint at that word towards proven liar Johnson and you get kicked out of the house.

Doesn't want to rock the boat and risk his peerage. He's absolutely worthless.

• Like 1

I hadn’t realised that Penny Mordaunt wanting a UK theme tune was a real thing, thought that was just someone riffing.

Would that not already be God save the queen?

Or was she hoping for something a bit more Benny Hill?

When would you even use a 'theme tune' as a country? It's not like nations have ad breaks.

Oh ****, they're going to put ad breaks in your life unless you subscribe next.

• Haha 1

According to the article I just read, it would be a theme tune ‘like the music we played to French trawlers to warn them off’.

So possibly something Pugwashy.

Nation

it was worth considering writing a new UK theme tune in order to celebrate what Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland had in common.

“I’ve campaigned as you know for the UK theme to be brought back which sounds a trivial thing but actually, it was so loved by everyone across the four nations,” she said.

“It was even played by fishery protection vessels out over the water to warn the french they were around.

Quite fascinating that we’ve apparently been playing music so loud, it was more effective than radar, or eyes.

Edited by chrisp65

What on earth is this absolute horseshit? :D :D

I'd honestly question somebody's mental health if they seriously gave a shit about the country having a theme tune!

Â