The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dominic Cummings states Bozza wants Truss in, so that she will reliably blow up and he can sweep back into power. I wouldn't put it past the Tory members to vote him in again, maybe it gets so bad his MPs put him back on the ballot? DC probably talking shite, but it all sounds plausible given Bozza's character and his little hasta la vista exit. 

That's a very convoluted way of getting the job he already had, if it's true.  He could have just been a less duplicitous clearing in the woods and avoided all this.  He had the whole covid vaccine, furlough, Ukraine crisis to build goodwill with the people and **** it up at every stage because he's a compulsive liar.  I'm hoping it's Truss as it will be the May disaster tripled and Labour will get a majority this time.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Got an engineering masters don't you know. **** me she's useless

That was Badenoch

For Truss it's actually worse, she has the Traditional MPs Oxbridge Degree, Philosophy  Politics and Economics.

It's like she learned absolutely nothing

• Like 3

FYHgXXPWIAACon-?format=jpg&name=medium

Imagine you were a bunch of tiny-penised Tory MPs (including Big Dinners), and you thought that your quirky "results at tea time" message should be accompanied by a picture of The Help serving tea to the tiny-penised men.

I mean, I'm sure it's not malicious or anything.  But surely it just shows that they are all tone-deaf simpletons who are terrible at...pretty much everything, including taking a photograph that doesn’t make them look like a 19th Century plantation owner?

Spoiler

The Help in question being Tory MP Nus Ghani, already most famous for accusing the party of sacking her from Government for being muslim

Edited by ml1dch

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

FYHgXXPWIAACon-?format=jpg&name=medium

Imagine you were a bunch of tiny-penised Tory MPs (including Big Dinners), and you thought that your quirky "results at tea time" message should be accompanied by a picture of The Help serving tea to the tiny-penised men.

I mean, I'm sure it's not malicious or anything.  But surely it just shows that they are all tone-deaf simpletons who are terrible at...pretty much everything, including taking a photograph that doesn’t make them look like a 19th Century plantation owner?

Hide contents

The Help in question being Tory MP Nus Ghani, already most famous for accusing the party of sacking her from Government for being muslim

Absolute state of Gary Sambrook at the far right (convenient) there, embarrassing he serves a Birmingham ward.

Any sense of how Sunak vs. Truss are differentiated vis à vis Putin & Ukraine issues? I've not been able to figure that out, try as I might. I know, I know -- "they're both horrendous" and "complete simpletons" etc etc. But still, one of them is coming for at least a few years.  

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Any sense of how Sunak vs. Truss are differentiated vis à vis Putin & Ukraine issues? I've not been able to figure that out, try as I might. I know, I know -- "they're both horrendous" and "complete simpletons" etc etc. But still, one of them is coming for at least a few years.  

They'll basically carry on the same policy as long as there is a sympathetic headline by doing so.

Truss will probably be a bit more visible in doing the same thing. But Sunak isn't going to suddenly change course.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

The tory membership have changed their minds on their favourite a few times during these hustings, understandably Mordor went off the boil the more they saw of her in debates. Is Truss certain of the Tory press support? She will be an unmitigated disaster at all times, whereas Rishi is so polished - I can see it swinging away from Truss as the weeks go by. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Truss I think much more prone to doing stupid stuff and getting high on the idea of being a “wartime leader”. Sunak more likely to press for a settlement, as it’s claimed he wasn’t convinced this was worth the global economic consequences.

But not convinced the new PM actually has that much influence now the wheels are in motion and the US are leading the way.

Think I’d prefer Sunak just because he’s never shown any interest in being a tough guy. Seems more grown up, and more naturally inclined towards diplomacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Truss I think much more prone to doing stupid stuff and getting high on the idea of being a “wartime leader”. Sunak more likely to press for a settlement, as it’s claimed he wasn’t convinced this was worth the global economic consequences.

But not convinced the new PM actually has that much influence now the wheels are in motion and the US are leading the way.

Think I’d prefer Sunak just because he’s never shown any interest in being a tough guy. Seems more grown up, and more naturally inclined towards diplomacy.

That sounds very persuasive to me as analysis. It's for some of the very reasons you say that I feel more nervous about Sunak as PM, as I fear he'd cave too often, and Putin and Xi Jinping, to my mind, are just getting started in their efforts to dismantle western democracies.

Would Truss be better or, rather, be able to convince others that she'd be the better player in some 20th century Thatcheresque/Churchillian "on the beaches" paradigm? She seems to think so, and that's kind of weird in itself. Her sartorial homage to Maggie doesn't make her Maggie as much as Maggie Baby. Besides, would Thatcher actually be able to cope with Russia today? I have my doubts. The Falklands and Argentina, after all, aren't a neofascist nuclear-armed Russian state, working around the clock to prop up strongmen across the globe, demonize LGBGT people, and rip apart democracies.

So then ... I'm back to Sunak, and I just feel like I don't trust him to fight.

What's better? To accommodate Putin, or to battle him badly? Neither seems like a good situation.  

This is why I feel extremely worried about your PM race. Please convince me I'm full of ****. I would welcome it.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Tory party MUST see the unfolding disaster that Truss will be. They do, right?

Can I point you in the direction of the last time they were allowed to pick a Prime Minister?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Can I point you in the direction of the last time they were allowed to pick a Prime Minister?

He’s the reason not to go with “you never know” isn’t he. Tried it. failed miserably.

Â