The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Matters for winning a general election though right?

The candidates aren't there to fool the electorate into voting for them - that's the media's job, the candidates just have to impress the money that controls the way the election is presented to voters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Maybe she wasn’t talking about income tax? Her proposal talks about fuel duty?

She was talking about her wage decreasing flipping burgers at 3.25 and hour when tax increased. She wasn't taxed earning that low a wage when she claimed it happened. It is demonstrably a lie

Fuel duty has no bearing on her low pay in McDonalds, I doubt she could afford a car

• Like 1

If truss is the best option they have they might as well give the keys to starmer now.

As bad as boris was at least he won a election. Truss would get trounced.i reckon she would do worse than hague and howard did

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Truss would get trounced.i reckon she would do worse than hague and howard did

This opinion sounds so good :D

I seriously hope it kills the Tory Party for good (it won't)

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

She was talking about her wage decreasing flipping burgers at 3.25 and hour when tax increased. She wasn't taxed earning that low a wage when she claimed it happened. It is demonstrably a lie

Fuel duty has no bearing on her low pay in McDonalds, I doubt she could afford a car

It’s a common gammon trope that people on minimum wage don’t pay tax but they in fact do pay a range of taxes.

It would be perfectly rational for her to suggest certain taxes could be reduced that would help people flipping burger on minimum wage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

She might also have been working more than 24 hours a week.

This is irrelevant, she was 16 and attending college full time and the wage McDonalds paid her was so far below any taxation theshold at the time she could have worked for considerably more hours and not paid a penny in tax

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes, she'll get all Kemi's backers. They won't switch to Penny. So that puts her head to head with the conservative members who will take her tax cutting and Brexit is never over, it's war with EU till we die approach over Rishi

This is why Truss is the new fav for PM

I don't know. So far she has been terrible in both of the debates so she could tank on the stumps. None of them have any power base as such within the party membership. Neither have come from a local council background and have less than 20 years of MP experience between them. The party membership polling has shown to be fickle as most are not active members and probably get most of their information from the Daily Hail, Express or Conservative Home. So it will be largely a beauty pageant competition and Sunak is a better performer in that sense. Not saying his policies are any good though.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If truss is the best option they have they might as well give the keys to starmer now.

As bad as boris was at least he won a election. Truss would get trounced.i reckon she would do worse than hague and howard did

You say it like it’s a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't know. So far she has been terrible in both of the debates so she could tank on the stumps. None of them have any power base as such within the party membership. Neither have come from a local council background and have less than 20 years of MP experience between them. The party membership polling has shown to be fickle as most are not active members and probably get most of their information from the Daily Hail, Express or Conservative Home. So it will be largely a beauty pageant competition and Sunak is a better performer in that sense. Not saying his policies are any good though.

Wait until she gets the Boris Seal of Approval (just look at who is backing her)

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is irrelevant, she was 16 and attending college full time and the wage McDonalds paid her was so far below any taxation theshold at the time she could have worked for considerably more hours and not paid a penny in tax

I assumed from the previous post that >24 hours would have tipped her into some level of taxation.

TBF to Mcdonald’s they seem to offer good financial support for students on top of their wages.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

O assumed from the previous post that >24 hours would have tipped her into some level of taxation.

TBF to Mcdonald’s they seem to offer good financial support for students on top of their wages.

This was in the days before the minimum wage, she would have been on 3.25 per hour back then. A 40 hour week would have earned her less than 7K per year

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

This was in the days before the minimum wage, she would have been on 3.25 per hour back then. A 40 hour week would have earned her less than 7K per year

Tax free allowance back then would have been £4-5k ish wouldn’t it? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ha that party needs reform so not its not

The party needs tearing up and chucking away, and all members forced to parade naked through the streets whilst we get to throw eggs at them.

Although I think this may be unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The party membership polling has shown to be fickle as most are not active members and probably get most of their information from the Daily Hail, Express or Conservative Home. So it will be largely a beauty pageant competition and Sunak is a better performer in that sense. Not saying his policies are any good though.

Given the Mail is, and the Express will be massive Truss supporters, I'm not sure that them getting all their information from there hurts Truss's chances 

• Like 1

Â