Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

19 hours ago, terrytini said:

Bad news guys, if you can take anymore...........

Richardson a doubt for tomorrow.

That's the last straw for me.  I think he was just about poised to                                                          er,                                                  ...............

Oh no thats a disaster.In such a crucial part of the season we need all the experience we can to try and reach the 20 point barrier

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone who thinks this squad will fight for promotion are living in dream world 

Anyone who thinks this squad will be the one fighting next season for promotion is living in a dream world. Half will be gone thank **** ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Anyone who thinks this squad will be the one fighting next season for promotion is living in a dream world. Half will be gone thank **** ! 

I hope so. I don't think we'll be that lucky. 

Guzan, Lescott, Richards, Cissohko, Richardson, Bacuna, Kozak Agbonlahor, and Sanchez Will be gone. Unfortunately Gana, Ayew & Traore will follow. Then you have Veretout & Okore who are conundrums. 

Hope to also see the back of Sinclair & Clark. One hell of a building job to be done. Lucky our new would be owner is a multi billionaire ;) 

20 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

How are we going to sell those players? What manager are thinking; I should really sign Lescott or Sinclair or Gabby?

We need an owner who can afford to keep a big bomb squad.

Lescott will go to China or the MLS. Gabby will go somewhere like Greece, Turkey or the Far East. Sinclair may prove more difficult to shift but I'm sure someone will take a punt same with Richards. Sanchez will go back to Spain. Kozak will more than likely get released. Richardson is out of contract. Guzan may head back to MLS. Cissokho will go to Turkey. Bacuna will be a difficult one to move on.   You have to remember that virtually the whole squads wages are about to be halved ( one of the few good things Fox did ) so they won't want to hang about after this seasons disaster. 

One positive to come out of the season is my Saturday's are no longer ruined by our poor performances/defeats. It's so inevitable now that you barely raise an eyelid.

Had a dream last night I was watching our first game in champ. Gone was all the toxic members of the squad in was some new faces and youngsters busting their balls for the club. It was such a pleasure to watch and a feeling I hadn't had for a very very long time, we went 1 up before I was woken up by my 4yr old.

Gave me some hope for the future and that the Villa we know and love can and will return.

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

One positive to come out of the season is my Saturday's are no longer ruined by our poor performances/defeats. It's so inevitable now that you barely raise an eyelid.

Had a dream last night I was watching our first game in champ. Gone was all the toxic members of the squad in was some new faces and youngsters busting their balls for the club. It was such a pleasure to watch and a feeling I hadn't had for a very very long time, we went 1 up before I was woken up by my 4yr old.

Gave me some hope for the future and that the Villa we know and love can and will return.

I guess so.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen anytime soon though.

7 hours ago, Richard said:

We are going to struggle next season as well aren't we 

Depends! With this squad, yes.  However, new manager, possible takeover and clear out a large proportion of the wasters, who knows?  Ever the optimist!!

Now that the pressure is off, one thing that might motivate the guys is that they are now only ONE MATCH AWAY from equalling the club record for longest sequence of league defeats. That was achieved in 1963 11 defeats between 23rd March and 5th May. Just to inspire them further, here is the full sequence:

23.03-A Fulham 0-1 
29.03-A Blackpool 0-4 
01.04-H Everton 0-2 
06.04-A Burnley 1-3 
09.04-H Manchester U 1-2 
13.04-H Sheffield W 0-2 
15.04-A Wolves 1-3 
16.04-H Wolves 0-2 
20.04-A Bolton 1-4 
01.05-A Sheffield U 1-2 
04.05-H Nottingham 0-2

Pl11 W0 D0 L11 5F-A27

And the record this season is 

Feb 2016
Sun 14 H Liverpool L 0-6    
Sat 27 A Stoke City  L 1-2    
March 2016
Tue 1 H Everton L 1-3    
Sat 5  A Manchester City 0-4    
Sun 13 H Tottenham Hotspur L 0-2    
Sat 19  A Swansea City L 0-1    
April 2016
Sat 2 H Chelsea L 0-4        
Sat 9 H AFC Bournemouth L 1-2    
Sat 16 A Manchester United L 0-1    
Sat 23 H Southampton L 2-4

Pl10 W0 D0 L10 5F-A29

They've already beaten the 1963 goals against total so one final defeat against Watford next Saturday should seal their place in the Villa Hall Of Fame.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Now that the pressure is off, one thing that might motivate the guys is that they are now only ONE MATCH AWAY from equalling the club record for longest sequence of league defeats. That was achieved in 1963 11 defeats between 23rd March and 5th May. Just to inspire them further, here is the full sequence:

23.03-A Fulham 0-1 
29.03-A Blackpool 0-4 
01.04-H Everton 0-2 
06.04-A Burnley 1-3 
09.04-H Manchester U 1-2 
13.04-H Sheffield W 0-2 
15.04-A Wolves 1-3 
16.04-H Wolves 0-2 
20.04-A Bolton 1-4 
01.05-A Sheffield U 1-2 
04.05-H Nottingham 0-2

Pl11 W0 D0 L11 5F-A27

And the record this season is 

Feb 2016
Sun 14 H Liverpool L 0-6    
Sat 27 A Stoke City  L 1-2    
March 2016
Tue 1 H Everton L 1-3    
Sat 5  A Manchester City 0-4    
Sun 13 H Tottenham Hotspur L 0-2    
Sat 19  A Swansea City L 0-1    
April 2016
Sat 2 H Chelsea L 0-4        
Sat 9 H AFC Bournemouth L 1-2    
Sat 16 A Manchester United L 0-1    
Sat 23 H Southampton L 2-4

Pl10 W0 D0 L10 5F-A29

They've already beaten the 1963 goals against total so one final defeat against Watford next Saturday should seal their place in the Villa Hall Of Fame.

They could be in a league of their own - 3 games left

In some ways a part of me will be a little disappointed if we sort ourselves out and start acting like a proper club again. At the minute there is just so much material for piss taking it would be a shame to lose that!

Â