Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Apparently Sherwood wanted him yet we ended up with some utter shite from France.

Not only that, people on here were saying he's too injury prone and wasn't good enough. Absolute class.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

He's a much better player than everyone in our squad bar none. He'd have improved the overall quality no matter what. 

He's better than most but I wouldn't say he's better than Ayew. Have to say I'm not a big fan of Townsend.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So is thread going to be open next season then?

Probably. I can see it now. No takeover, delayed manager choice and a manager we don't want and a squad lacking a spine and the right attitude still. If this happens we are down again IMO. This takeover is the catalyst for the changes needed so please bloody hurry up for the sake of the remainder of any Villa fans who haven't yet got grey hair. 

• Like 2

Just now, villanwesty88 said:

Probably. I can see it now. No takeover, delayed manager choice and a manager we don't want and a squad lacking a spine and the right attitude still. If this happens we are down again IMO. This takeover is the catalyst for the changes needed so please bloody hurry up for the sake of the remainder of any Villa fans who haven't yet got grey hair. 

If that isn't a reason enough to crack open the single malt in a dark room on a Saturday night then nothing is.

It would be quite nice to actually look forward to see Villa play occasionally though wouldn't it? Like before 2010.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

If that isn't a reason enough to crack open the single malt in a dark room on a Saturday night then nothing is.

It would be quite nice to actually look forward to see Villa play occasionally though wouldn't it? Like before 2010.

Our next sponsors could be "Just for men" "Bells Whisky" "Nurufen" or "Night Nurse" .. what do you reckon? 

I really miss the euphoria between 06 till about 11. I know we were pants at the start of that period but optimism was high with everything going on off the field. In 11 we still splashed the cash and I felt we would rise to the top 6 area again. Sadly since then it really has been devastatingly bad to a point where a lot of us can't hurt any more. So we're just numb and another defeat doesn't really mean anything. Bloody hell I need a drink I feel like I'm Mark Corrigan from Peep Show and everything is just f*cked! 

Just now, villanwesty88 said:

Our next sponsors could be "Just for men" "Bells Whisky" "Nurufen" or "Night Nurse" .. what do you reckon? 

I really miss the euphoria between 06 till about 11. I know we were pants at the start of that period but optimism was high with everything going on off the field. In 11 we still splashed the cash and I felt we would rise to the top 6 area again. Sadly since then it really has been devastatingly bad to a point where a lot of us can't hurt any more. So we're just numb and another defeat doesn't really mean anything. Bloody hell I need a drink I feel like I'm Mark Corrigan from Peep Show and everything is just f*cked! 

07-08 for me was the best. Everything was on the up. For 75% of the 08-09 was great but we blew 4th, and although 09-10 was another great season (esp in the cups)  you could sense the storm clouds coming after the January window and the spanking at Chelsea. And since then it has largely been dogshite. Hence the regularity of this thread.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

07-08 for me was the best. Everything was on the up. For 75% of the 08-09 was great but we blew 4th, and although 09-10 was another great season (esp in the cups)  you could sense the storm clouds coming after the January window and the spanking at Chelsea. And since then it has largely been dogshite. Hence the regularity of this thread.

07-08 was class. I remember reading about having Nike kits and texting all my mates. I don't like Nike ethics now I'm a bit older but at the time it was a huge step to have a respected brand making our kits. Then with Acorns it was so unusual and brought about such good PR. The players we had were superb - Laursen and Mellberg at the back was incredible. We were so very close to cracking top 4 and cups. The feel good factor at Villa Park was special and THAT win over Small Heath Alliance. Remember when it was actually a challenge to get tickets at Villa Park? All those good times can come again though I still believe - we've only got to look at Southampton, Leicester and Bournemouth for examples of turning things around. 

• Like 1

For me things have been following a consistently downward trend since that fat word removed Phil Dowd bottled sending Vidic off in the League Cup final. Every season we've got progressively worse culminating in this **** and stuck with these pathetic, shit, weak words removed.

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

07-08 was class. I remember reading about having Nike kits and texting all my mates. I don't like Nike ethics now I'm a bit older but at the time it was a huge step to have a respected brand making our kits. Then with Acorns it was so unusual and brought about such good PR. The players we had were superb - Laursen and Mellberg at the back was incredible. We were so very close to cracking top 4 and cups. The feel good factor at Villa Park was special and THAT win over Small Heath Alliance. Remember when it was actually a challenge to get tickets at Villa Park? All those good times can come again though I still believe - we've only got to look at Southampton, Leicester and Bournemouth for examples of turning things around. 

Or Leeds, Forest, or Wednesday in how not to turn things down and get weighed down, rather than inspired by, glories of the past.

So now we've equalled the 1963 club record for consecutive top flight league defeats.

Pl11 W0 D0 L11 7F-A32 Pts0

Shame we can't equal the premier league record of 15 consecutive defeats (Sunderland, 2002-3) but defeats to Newcastle and Arsenal can earn us a creditable 13 defeats in a row.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

So now we've equalled the 1963 club record for consecutive top flight league defeats.

Pl11 W0 D0 L11 7F-A32 Pts0

Shame we can't equal the premier league record of 15 consecutive defeats (Sunderland, 2002-3) but defeats to Newcastle and Arsenal can earn us a creditable 13 defeats in a row.

but if ever get promoted back up we might equal the record ;)

• Like 3

I would imagine the likes of Shelvey and Townsend are on big money at Newcastle. Not to mention they don't have a relegation clause in their contracts. It's a gamble which I'm personally glad we didn't take, even if did we stay up with those signings (we wouldn't because we still have the chuckle brothers representing us in defence) it would only cover up the many deficiencies at the club. We need a complete rebuild from top to bottom. Championship is far from ideal but in terms of rebuilding players will leave, some staff have already left who had been identified as not doing a good job. It's important we get it right now. This hasn't been coming just this season this has been 5-6 seasons in the making. 

Â