Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Dear Supporters

First, on behalf of the Board, let me express my deep regret that I find myself writing this open letter to you, knowing just how much hurt and pain, anger and anguish will have been felt by you all after the Club lost its Premier League status this weekend.

Your profound sadness is shared by everyone connected with the Club and while I know that will be of little consolation in the days ahead, it should be a source of reassurance as we rebuild the foundations for future successes.

We must acknowledge that this weekend's confirmation has been the culmination of an unacceptably fractured season both on and on the pitch. That isn't down to bad luck. To make such a claim would be insulting to each and every one of you. I must add you have all displayed unyielding commitment in adversity.

While it is of little solace at present, the process of identifying the root causes of our circumstances started long ago and the focus now has to be looking forward and making sure lessons have been learnt.

The search for a new manager to provide drive, direction and immediate promotion has commenced.

Together, we share the same goal. We intend to restore Aston Villa Football Club to its rightful place. It is a journey we must make together so we can bring success, enjoyment and exciting football back to Villa Park once more.

Steve Hollis 
Chairman

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5502832,00.html

means nothing if they dont identify the same root cause as the fans, if they openly name and shame and then try and sell players and worst case paid contracts out this summer (gabby, lescott, richards, bacuna, guzan etc) then that'd go a long way, if they try getting in a manager to get the best out of them then you can forget it

• Like 1

On 4/16/2016 at 23:54, sidcow said:

A further problem is even assuming we can get back next year how the hell do we then compete in the PL and not go straight down again. The money now is so huge,  the difference between the PL and Championship so enormous the yo-yo effect seen over the last several years will surely become more pronounced 

The same Yo-Yo effect that has seen Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea, Watford, Bournemouth and Palace not compete in the Premier League?

Oh, wait...

as a club who spunked £50m up the wall mainly on shit last summer i dont know why people are so concerned about other clubs having lots of money

if you think they're all going to spend £100m on players i think you'll be mistaken, if you think they're going to spend £100m on quality players then you're definitely mistaken, remember the fuss when bournemouth signed iturbe? remember the fuss over his one sub appearance to date? thats £16m up the wall

i think the quality in the PL has probably hit rock bottom this season so it will improve but not by that much, if we can set up the coaching and scouting properly while down there then we'll be fine

i present to you a series of relegation clerihews

Brad Guzan;
as swift as a white van
in a tar pit off his line,
makes saves as if loaded on wine.

Alan Hutton
is haunted by a button
that says 'do not touch'
and which he never did touch.

Joleon Lescott
ate Hercules the Villa mascot
and tweeted out the arse-steak
by, he swears, mistake.

Micah Richards
sings the words Micah Richards
in various styles for most of the day
as he collects his absurd pay.

Jordan Amavi,
you were no Xavi,
but while you were fit
things didn't seem shit.

Ashley Westwood
eats unseasoned food
and much prefers Superman
to the too edgy Batman.

Jack Grealish
once signed Jack Grealish
in Football Manager, for Manchester City
then holidayed until 2020.

Scott Sinclair,
easily confused with air,
spent most of his wealth
on becoming an expert at stealth.

Gabby Agbonlahor
can't fit through a door
now he eats twice as much
as the population of Redditch.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

The same Yo-Yo effect that has seen Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea, Watford, Bournemouth and Palace not compete in the Premier League?

Oh, wait...

Exeptions not the rule. Most promoted teams are relegated again the following year. This year especially looks mental. But overall it's usually a huge ask for them to compete and as I say they gap is going to be SO much wider in future 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Exeptions not the rule. Most promoted teams are relegated again the following year. This year especially looks mental. But overall it's usually a huge ask for them to compete and as I say they gap is going to be SO much wider in future 

This isn't actually true IIRC. 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'd be interested to know where you got this from? That is very much the exception.

Just look at the last 6 years. From what I can recall, only two teams have gone down again the following season (Wolves and Wigan). In that same period two teams have come back up (West Ham and QPR). Burnley look likely too this season and so do Hull to a lesser extent. Statistically, it's more likely that we'll come back up, especially when you factor in the size of the club.

Edited by Mantis

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'd be interested to know where you got this from? That is very much the exception.

Just look at the last 6 years. From what I can recall, only two teams have gone down again the following season (Wolves and Wigan). In that same period two teams have come back up (West Ham and QPR). Burnley look likely too this season and so do Hull to a lesser extent. Statistically, it's more likely that we'll come back up, especially when you factor in the size of the club.

I think you misread his post

Bad news guys, if you can take anymore...........

Richardson a doubt for tomorrow.

That's the last straw for me.  I think he was just about poised to                                                          er,                                                  ...............

• Like 2

19 hours ago, terrytini said:

Bad news guys, if you can take anymore...........

Richardson a doubt for tomorrow.

That's the last straw for me.  I think he was just about poised to                                                          er,                                                  ...............

No Clarke, gabby, okore or Richardson? 

We might actually play football today!

Â