Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Will be cheering on Sunderland Wednesday

Never liked Newcastle or their smarmy fans. Wouldn't lose any sleep over them dropping with us. their squad will capitulate and their manager will leave so they'll be as screwed as we are. 

Ha

I am glad we pissed on their chips today but realistically I think if they came down with us it would make our job of trying get promoted back again that more difficult.  And for that reason I am out..... Of the wanting for them to be relegated school of thinking 

Allardyce has been there and done it all before. He knows how to get forwards scoring, remember Kevin Davies? I always thought that Sunderland might survive with him in charge. 

Today's Villa performance was all about not holding the outright record of the longest losing run. They were rubbish and never looked like scoring, which goes to show how bad Newcastle are and that's why they deserve to join us in the Championship. 

Well played Sunderland. Defoe sealed it with a proper goal. Newcastle truly deserve relegation now that they couldn't capitalize on our utter shitness. They had the upper hand but blew it. So who's glumming now? Cheers beaches!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Wonder what would have happened if we had sacked Sherwood and hired Allardyce last October. Probably he would have taken one look at the club and turned us down.

I'm absolutely convinced he would have a] taken the job, and b] got us (just) to safety. I said as much at the time, and nothing I've seen since has suggested I was wrong. 

• Like 1

When you are right,,,,

1. photo-thumb-1967.jpg
  2. Relegation Thread Version...99?!

3. tismyk replied to jackbauer24's topic in Villa Talk
  4. Unfortunately the only position we will be is bottom, never mind the bottom 3 Don't enjoy being right, it wont be long now, was on my way to VP today heard the idiots team selection and turned the car round and went home, 49 years of going down and my last, till Lerner goes.

So the worst season in Villa's entire history. Arent we all so lucky so be alive for it?

Let's be honest, the last 20 years have been disastrous havent they? Before anyone says "yeah but we could have done a Portsmouth etc" its all relative. Let's take a look...

We've had very good sides at various times but ultimately achieved **** all. We've reached 3 finals in the last 20 years, one we lost due to a terrible keeping error, one we lose after going 1-0 up and had the ref done his job we might have won it, and the last we were humiliated.

We've qualified for Europe many times yet have had more embarrassing early exits than great victories and the one time we made it relatively far we throw the game by playing the kids.

We've had three seasons where we either were top or top 3 approaching or after the new year and yet lost our way spectacularly in each instance.

We've had countless cup exits to lower league opposition, sometimes in horrific fashion. The one time we have a chance to play a final not against a top team we fail to beat a League 2 side over 2 legs in the semi-final.

Spurs, Everton and Newcastle in that time at least either qualified for the Champions League, had very good European runs or made genuine cases for the title. We have been constantly teased with achieving something yet ultimately completely fail. Then to top it off teams like Wigan, Swansea, Leicester, Middlesbrough etc etc all manage to win something, even **** Birmingham have a trophy.

And then finally we manage to get relegated from the top flight in probably the most humiliating way in recent English football history.

Well done Villa :thumb:

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 4

Worst points total in our history, even back when it was two points for a win, absolutely unbelievable.

You're spot on, R.Bear. No trophies for twenty **** years. Biggest club in the midlands, yeah right. We're a  joke, we've been making up the numbers for 2 decades.There's an entire generation of Villa fans that can hardly imagine what it's like to win something. Hell, some younger Villa fans can probably hardly imagine what it's like to win a game.

15 years of mediocrity, and 5 years of worse than that.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

So the worst season in Villa's entire history. Arent we all so lucky so be alive for it?

Let's be honest, the last 20 years have been disastrous havent they? Before anyone says "yeah but we could have done a Portsmouth etc" its all relative. Let's take a look...

We've had very good sides at various times but ultimately achieved **** all. We've reached 3 finals in the last 20 years, one we lost due to a terrible keeping error, one we lose after going 1-0 up and had the ref done his job we might have won it, and the last we were humiliated.

We've qualified for Europe many times yet have had more embarrassing early exits than great victories and the one time we made it relatively far we throw the game by playing the kids.

We've had three seasons where we either were top or top 3 approaching or after the new year and yet lost our way spectacularly in each instance.

We've had countless cup exits to lower league opposition, sometimes in horrific fashion. The one time we have a chance to play a final not against a top team we fail to beat a League 2 side over 2 legs in the semi-final.

Spurs, Everton and Newcastle in that time at least either qualified for the Champions League, had very good European runs or made genuine cases for the title. We have been constantly teased with achieving something yet ultimately completely fail. Then to top it off teams like Wigan, Swansea, Leicester, Middlesbrough etc etc all manage to win something, even **** Birmingham have a trophy.

And then finally we manage to get relegated from the top flight in probably the most humiliating way in recent English football history.

Well done Villa :thumb:

Don't often agree with your posts, but I can't find anything I disagree with there. 

It really is quite trying being a Villa fan. I'm 29, so that time period covers pretty much everything I can remember. Great!

Â