Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Townsend signed for Newcastle in January it's now nearly May apart from yesterday what has he done?? As far as I can see Newcastle have spent the most yet are still very much in danger of going down so for a saviour he's a bit crap!!! Let's beat them next week to shine a bit of light on our awful season. 

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or Leeds, Forest, or Wednesday in how not to turn things down and get weighed down, rather than inspired by, glories of the past.

Yes the board / new owners need to look at those too to prevent a scenario like that occurring. 

7 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Townsend signed for Newcastle in January it's now nearly May apart from yesterday what has he done?? As far as I can see Newcastle have spent the most yet are still very much in danger of going down so for a saviour he's a bit crap!!! Let's beat them next week to shine a bit of light on our awful season. 

4 goals 2 assists in 9 games

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's a much better player than everyone in our squad bar none. He'd have improved the overall quality no matter what. 

Seems more likely we'd have dragged down to our level. 

2 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Seems more likely we'd have dragged down to our level. 

'Our level' would be fractionally better though. You can't tell me he wouldn't be an improvement on Scott 'Not A Man But A Worm' Sinclair. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Our level' would be fractionally better though. You can't tell me he wouldn't be an improvement on Scott 'Not A Man But A Worm' Sinclair. 

I spoke in jest, but in all seriousness look at Bertrand. Decent when he arrived, within a few games he was just as bad as everyone else. Townsend is definitely better than Sinclair, though. He can run with the ball like Sinclair can, but has the added bonus of having at least some idea of what to do when he gets there.

Just now, Villanun said:

I spoke in jest, but in all seriousness look at Bertrand. Decent when he arrived, within a few games he was just as bad as everyone else. Townsend is definitely better than Sinclair, though. He can run with the ball like Sinclair can, but has the added bonus of having at least some idea of what to do when he gets there.

Fair point. 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair point. 

I've said in the past, I have seen good players come here and turn to shit. Only to leave and become "world beaters". Opposite of Benteke though. lol

Guest av1
9 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I spot a flaw in your plan mate, heavy weekend on the pop pal?

In fairness it's in 10 games :ph34r:. Also 2 of the goals came in heavy defeats. I'm still glad we didn't buy him I also echo the above we would've most likely dragged him to our level ala Bertrand. Going back on topic Norwich look like coming down with us, Sunderland to take the last spot?

• Like 1

Sunderland have one more game to play though, but I'm sure they'll lose to chelski next and we'll grant newcastle their safety this weekend surely.

Could some tactical thinking come into play next weekend?

Newcastle would be a serious threat in the championship next season, so would we be better off if they weren't relegated?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, andyh said:

Newcastle would be a serious threat in the championship next season, so would we be better off if they weren't relegated?

I'd rather sunderland tbf but only because we somehow seem to play well against them and they also truly deserve relegation after years of general shitness not too unlike our own predicament.

Edit: What tactics btw? Last I recall we have none whatsoever. Teams walk all over us for funsies.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, andyh said:

I really want the geordies down but having seen them put in some good performances lately I am thinking I'd rather avoid them next season and have a clear run at promo. 

41 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I'm genuinely surprised by the amounts of folk assuming we will get promoted at the first attempt.

I don't think a lot of people do at least not with things as they are currently. It seems people are clutching to the hope of a takeover and should that happen, maybe just maaaaaybe we have a bigger shot at it.

54 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I'm genuinely surprised by the amounts of folk assuming we will get promoted at the first attempt.

Nobody is assuming it, promotion is next season's one and only target - whether we get it or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nobody is assuming it, promotion is next season's one and only target - whether we get it or not.

Does that mean we can have a promotion thread version 1? :D 

Â