Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Brilliant.

Could you please add to this by putting a beer on grealish and Gabby with a shish a pipe.

Any suggestions for Clarkand sinclair

Sinclair could have the bandaged face of the invisible man...

• Like 2

A further problem is even assuming we can get back next year how the hell do we then compete in the PL and not go straight down again. The money now is so huge,  the difference between the PL and Championship so enormous the yo-yo effect seen over the last several years will surely become more pronounced 

I'm not expecting many incoming signings until well into the transfer window. A lot of championship quality players will be waiting to see if they can get a big money move to a cash rich bench in the premiere league.

There will probably be be an even bigger influx of players from abroad than normal too.

I'm also not too worried about the gulf between the two leagues. And I believe whoever goes down NEXT season, will be worse hit. Lots of players on big contracts, or want aways.

I just hope we recruit clever this summer. Personalities are needed utmost.

Reading this site I'm amazed at some of the opinions . It is hard to explain how much of a shambles we are and some opinions demonstrate a degree of head burying in sand !

• Like 1

Richard, I think some just see the glass half full more than others. 

To be fair, it's pointless anyone making judgement on what will happen next season until the season begins and our new management and playing staff are in position. 

Look at last summer for example. Loads on here were thinking it was going to be a much better season based on records of our signings on Fifa. It was only those who hadn't got a clue about our new signings who were wondering if they were all that. Same for Remi Garde too! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trekka said:

Let's look on the bright side.  At least we won't be last (every week) on MOTD :)

No, But we probably will be on Channel 5's "The Championship Goal Rush" or whatever its called nowadays :crylaugh:

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

No, But we probably will be on Channel 5's "The Championship Goal Rush" or whatever its called nowadays :crylaugh:

Loving the use of the smiley :)  If we don't laugh about it, we'll only end up crying.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

No matter how long I've accepted relegation, hearing the commentators confirm our relegation after that match, it dawned on me that it is actually real.

I actually accepted it under Tims watch.....this team actually stank of relegation, you could smell it in every move.

Thunderball makes a very good point on "the chancers" the premier league attracts....we just fell for too many of them....by too many people playing with the transfer market.

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Richard, I think some just see the glass half full more than others. 

To be fair, it's pointless anyone making judgement on what will happen next season until the season begins and our new management and playing staff are in position. 

Look at last summer for example. Loads on here were thinking it was going to be a much better season based on records of our signings on Fifa. It was only those who hadn't got a clue about our new signings who were wondering if they were all that. Same for Remi Garde too! 

Spot on

Looking at the bottom half of the Championship table makes for stark reading: QPR, Wolves, Blackburn, Fulham, Bolton... . All clubs not long out of the PL.

Of the teams at the top, there are a few examples of what it takes to get out: long term rebuild and chancing on a good manager for Middlesbrough; continuity for Burnley; an experienced hand and money for Hull.

I think our board will opt for the Hull approach, but even that is not guaranteed to work. Hull at least had some degree of continuity and the club wasn't a shambles behind the scenes. The problems at Villa are systemic and I can see us struggling like those in the bottom half while we try and sort them out.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Reading this site I'm amazed at some of the opinions . It is hard to explain how much of a shambles we are and some opinions demonstrate a degree of head burying in sand !

We don't always agree Rich....but I do on this.

It is a managers job to be positive, even when it is hard to be.

Eric Black has mooted that it is the worst he has seen in 37 years in the business, such is the state of this football club.

Richard, I think your are right......It is much worse than we think.

The club itself is a huge old business....it will take a very strong willed and experienced manager to put us back on track.

Â