Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 hours ago, Richard said:

People really should stop investing time and energy in worrying about all sorts of different permutations . We are as good as down already 

People really stop investing so much time and energy worrying about others not sharing the shared doomed outlook and having a little faith however remote. Every day every page same old. We know how you feel. Can see how you have so many posts now. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

1.47 points per game to get to 38-39 points.

We currently average 0.41 per game

Win our next three we'll need 0.81 per game (every team from 17th placed Newcastle upwards are currently averaging above this).

Draw our next three we'll need 1.55 per game (every team from 7th place Watford upwards are currently averaging above this).

Lose our next three we'll need 1.72 per game (Only Man City, Arsenal and Leicester are averaging above this).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So realistically we need 5-6 points from the next 3 games that would require top 10-12 form to keep us up, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. 

That's the positive spin, the negative is 1.47 per games is required at the moment and only West Ham upwards are averaging above that.

So top 8 form required for the remainder of the season, as it stands. :unsure:

its doable in a league that is so incosistent... If we can beat West Ham.. we MAY just go on a run.. longer we go without a win.. well its over.

• Like 1

Villa have scored as many goals as Stoke and Sunderland  & Newcastle have let in more than we have. I think this side could score more if they start to have some confidence. I think the main issue is the caramel soft centre that we have by always letting in stupid goals and therefore we always seem to be chasing games. I would say on paper at least we have enough quality going forward to be in this division, though we could do with a class target man.

If we could replace Sanchez, the full backs and have a goalkeeper to challenge Guzan,we might at least on paper be okay. However this would have been a lot better if this was done in August rather than January when we could virtually be down,

In a roundabout way I would say Garde has probably half a decent side at Villa even though we are 10 adrift. But it is a unbalanced and inexperienced squad with zero confidence.

Hindsight is wonderful thing in football but really did we need to spend 7 mil on a talented but unproven kid from Barcelona when we already have Grealish, Sinclair and Gill? If we have bought 1 good striker in a Austin type level for 15-20 mil instead of Gestede and Traoe we might be doing okay. But it's full of ifs and maybes isn't it?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4

I personally think it's a bit too much of a mountain now. My hope was based on winning at Newcastle and getting a few decent results in the few coming up, closing the gap and outfighting the others over the rest of the season. I don't think a draw was enough.

Also, it seems like the noises out the club are that they're accepting it and planning for it, which has to be the right idea. Going down is bad, but if we're prepared and we're very strong we should be able to come straight back up. 

But hopefully if they feel the pressure's off, they can enjoy the football, express themselves a bit and perhaps get some good results to make it tighter of a finish than it seems at the moment.

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

When I think of the bloody 2 million we've wasted on ilori (1 mil fee and 20k a week minimum), and we could have offered that money in the form of a better contract for one of our main targets, it is a bit annoying.

You know I have completely forgotten we had Ilori. Is he injured or Drobny mark II?

1.47 points per game to get to 38 points.

We currently average 0.41 per game

Win our next three we'll need 0.81 per game (every team from 17th placed Newcastle upwards are currently averaging above this).

Draw our next three we'll need 1.55 per game (every team from 7th place Watford upwards are currently averaging above this).

Lose our next three we'll need 1.72 per game (Only Man City, Arsenal and Leicester are averaging above this).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So realistically we need 5-6 points from the next 3 games that would require top 10-12 form to keep us up, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. 

That's the positive spin, the negative is 1.47 per game is required at the moment and only West Ham upwards are averaging above that.

So top 8 form required for the remainder of the season, as it stands. :unsure:

Absolutely spot on post, it looks really bleak at the moment but those numbers really prove it's not over yet, our form needs to drastically improve, sure, but it can be done

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Villa have scored as many goals as Stoke and Sunderland  & Newcastle have let in more than we have. I think this side could score more if they start to have some confidence. I think the main issue is the caramel soft centre that we have by always letting in stupid goals and therefore we always seem to be chasing games. I would say on paper at least we have enough quality going forward to be in this division, though we could do with a class target man.

If we could replace Sanchez, the full backs and have a goalkeeper to challenge Guzan,we might at least on paper be okay. However this would have been a lot better if this was done in August rather than January when we could virtually be down,

In a roundabout way I would say Garde has probably half a decent side at Villa even though we are 10 adrift. But it is a unbalanced and inexperienced squad with zero confidence.

Hindsight is wonderful thing in football but really did we need to spend 7 mil on a talented but unproven kid from Barcelona when we already have Grealish, Sinclair and Gill? If we have bought 1 good striker in a Austin type level for 15-20 mil instead of Gestede and Traoe we might be doing okay. But it's full of ifs and maybes isn't it?

Traore was an indulgent signing, and one that we really couldn't afford to make. He's one for the future most likely, not a relegation fight. We needed a sure thing, not a prospect, and 7m on a prospect seems irresponsible, IMO. Should've bought a striker instead.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 4

Just now, maqroll said:

Traore was an indulgent signing, and one that awe really couldn't afford to make. He's one for the future most likely, not a relegation fight. We needed a sure thing, not a prospect, and 7m on a prospect seems irresponsible, IMO. Should've bought a striker instead.

Have to agree with this and Adama was the one out of all of our signings I was most excited about.

We've been left woefully short in terms of squad depth. 

Spot on post ,agree with everything you have said.

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Have to agree with this and Adama was the one out of all of our signings I was most excited about.

We've been left woefully short in terms of squad depth. 

But if he'd gone to Stoke and been amazing the board and Sherwood would've been panned aswell, lack of ambition etc.

I just wish we'd bloody play him, I've said it enough.

49 minutes ago, dakid007 said:

Win against West Ham could revive our season

We said that against Watford... then Newcastle... eventually we just have to recognise that it's too late. It'll be Norwich that'll 'kick start' our season after this game..

Â